Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Emilia Clarke. Check it out!
British actress Emilia Clarke was born in London and grew up in Oxfordshire, England. Her father was a theatre sound engineer and her mother is a businesswoman. Her father was working on a theatre production of “Show Boat” and her mother took her along to the performance. This is when, at the age of 3, her passion for acting began. From 2000 to 2005, she attended St. Edward’s School of Oxford, where she appeared in two school plays. She went on to study acting at the prestigious Drama Centre London, where she took part in 10 plays. During this time, Emilia first appeared on television with a guest role in the BBC soap opera Doctors (2000).
Interesting Facts about Emilia Clarke
- Studied acting at the prestigious Drama Centre London. This acting school’s alumni include Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Paul Bettany, Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender and Gwendoline Christie.
- Was considered for the role of Enchantress in Suicide Squad (2016), which eventually went to Cara Delevingne.
- Auditioned for Sharon Carter/Agent 13 in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), but lost to Emily VanCamp.
- Replaced Tamzin Merchant in the role of Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones (2011) after the original pilot episode was filmed.
- She can sing and play some piano, flute and guitar.
- Kirsty Mitchell portrayed her mother in the TV movie Triassic Attack (2010) and Kerry Ingram’s mother in the limited series Barbarians Rising (2016); both of whom appear in the HBO series Game of Thrones (2011).
- Her favourite television series is Friends (1994).
- In April 2018, she was named as the ambassador for the Royal College of Nursing in the UK. Since then, she has organised fund-raising events and promoted awareness campaigns for the betterment of the working condition of the nurses in the UK.
- Has one older brother.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger thought Clarke did an amazing job following in the footsteps of Linda Hamilton on Terminator Genisys (2015), which is really tough to do, but she thought she was naive to accept the role of Sarah Connor so early in her career.
- In 2020, Emilia was publicly announced as the cosmetic brand Clinique’s first Global Ambassador.
- Is the second actress from Game of Thrones (2011) to portray Sarah Connor in Terminator Genisys (2015), her co-star Lena Headey played Sarah Connor in the short-lived television series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008), which is based on the Terminator films.
Personal Quotes by Emilia Clarke
Music is something that’s always been a huge part of my life.- Emilia Clarke
I think the reason why strong women have such a powerful impact is that you’ve got the strength of a man with the heart and sensitivity of a woman.- Emilia Clarke
My favorite Hepburn moment is in ‘Sabrina,’ when she steps off a boat in white shorts and a plaid shirt. Chic, classic, and unfussy.- Emilia Clarke
I’ve read all the ‘Game of Thrones’ books many times over, so I sometimes find it easier being on set, because it can be hard to get out of character.- Emilia Clarke
My mother taught me how to apply my own makeup at 13 years old, and the most important lesson I learned is to never touch my eyebrows and to cleanse, tone, and moisturize twice a day.- Emilia Clarke