Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Emily Blunt. Check it out!
Emily Olivia Leah Blunt is a British actress known for her roles in The Devil Wears Prada (2006), The Young Victoria (2009), Edge of Tomorrow (2014), and The Girl on the Train (2016), among many others.
Interesting Facts about Emily Blunt
- Does not participate in social media.
- Blunt thought it was fun to work with Tom Cruise on Edge of Tomorrow (2014) because it was a challenging shoot and the exo-suits were arduous to wear everyday.
- Has three siblings: Felicity Blunt, Sebastian Blunt and Susannah Blunt.
- Returned to work 6 months after giving birth to her daughter Violet to begin filming Sherlock Gnomes (2018).
- Favourite actresses are: Cate Blanchett, Emma Thompson, Meryl Streep and Nicole Kidman.
- She has a phobia of heights. She says, “I’m not amazing with heights and it was one of those things where they kind of [get] you up there and there’s the moment before they bring you down for the shot, and it seems like that moment extends for a forever time frame.”She explained: “You’re so high that if you look out you’re higher than the trees and you look down. But it was an incredible moment, you know. Very disarming.”.
- Is a grade 8 cellist.
- Became a U.S. Citizen in 2015. However she likes to be identified as British. She was sworn in on the same day as friend Matthew McConaughey’s wife Camila Alves McConaughey.
- Made her theatrical debut alongside Dame Judi Dench in The Royal Family. She had only six months of formal acting training before gaining the role of Gwen for which she was paid £350 per week.
- Had a hamster named Tigger.
- Grew up in Roehampton, London.
- For her breakout performance in The Devil Wears Prada (2006), Emily convinced David Frankel that her character should be British rather than American. Emily also improvised many of her lines and told interviewers that she based the character on people she’s met, but would never want to associate with.
Personal Quotes by Emily Blunt
I’m such a diva on set.- Emily Blunt
It’s nothing to be ashamed of to have a stutter.- Emily Blunt
I think I’m drawn to characters with complexity or who are under duress in some way and have some conflict going on.- Emily Blunt
It just proves good movies don’t need 100 million dollars to be good.- Emily Blunt
It’s a big chip on my shoulder that I have not been to any of his parties – P. Diddy, Diddy Puff. But he was super nice to me. And he does look sharp, that guy. Doesn’t ever go wrong with a suit.- Emily Blunt