Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Emily Ratajkowski. Check it out!
Emily O’Hara Ratajkowski was born in London, England, to American parents, Kathleen (Balgley), a professor, and John David Ratajkowski, a painter. She is of British Isles, German, Polish, and Jewish ancestry. Emily was raised in Encinitas, California, near San Diego. She traveled a lot, and also spent some of her childhood in Ireland and Mallorca. She started modeling at fourteen-years-old and was signed by “Ford Models”. She continued to attend school but, after one year at UCLA, majoring in Fine Art, she decided to concentrate on becoming a model. After shootings with Tony Duran, she became recognized as a fashion model. Later, she was on the cover of “GQ Turkey” and appeared in Robin Thicke’s music video, “Blurred Lines”. As an actress, she played “Tasha” on the “Nickelodeon” series, iCarly (2007), and the mistress of Ben Affleck’s character in the thriller Gone Girl (2014). She also appeared in the film version of Entourage (2015), and co-starred with Zac Efron in the musical drama We Are Your Friends (2015).
Interesting Facts about Emily Ratajkowski
- When asked, she describes her ethnicity as “Polish-Israeli”.
- Ben Affleck recommended her to David Fincher for her role in Gone Girl (2014).
- Model and actress.
- Her father is a painter and art teacher. Her mother is a writer and a professor of English, and teaches at the San Diego Jewish Academy.
- Endorsed Bernie Sanders in the 2016 presidential election of the United States, she has said if she hypothetically ran for president her platform would also be redistributing wealth in America.
- Went to San Dieguito Academy in Encinitas, California.
- Even though she was born in London (and lived there until she was 6), she is not a British citizen.
- Ranked #62 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” of 2014 list.
- Emily’s paternal grandfather, Joseph T. Ratajkowski, was born in Illinois, to Polish parents, Joseph D. Ratajkowski and Clementine Tanski. Emily’s paternal grandmother, Mary Lee Hays, was from West Virginia, and had Irish, German, and English ancestry. Emily’s maternal grandfather, Ely D. Balgley, was a Polish Jewish immigrant, and Emily’s maternal grandmother, Margaret Josephine O’Hara, was of Irish and German descent.
- A staunch supporter of Planned Parenthood.
- Daughter-in-law of filmmaker Liza Bear.
Personal Quotes by Emily Ratajkowski
I actually don’t wear fragrance. I always feel like I smell cheap. I guess I just haven’t found one that’s not overpowering or too sweet. Even when I try one of the super masculine scents, I just think, ‘I don’t want to smell like a man.’ Besides, I like my own scent.- Emily Ratajkowski
I think everyone has their awkward phases. Growing up isn’t easy for everyone. I definitely had my awkward moments.- Emily Ratajkowski
When people are like, ‘College! Oh my God! Ultimate freedom!’ I didn’t feel that way. My roommates were loving hitting the town, but I wasn’t as psyched about going to the frats.- Emily Ratajkowski
The female body is a beautiful thing, and it should be embraced and celebrated.- Emily Ratajkowski
Generally, I just think there is a real lacking in men knowing how to hit on women.- Emily Ratajkowski