Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Eva Longoria. Check it out!
Eva Jacqueline Longoria was born on March 15, 1975 in Corpus Christi, Texas to Ella Eva Longoria (née Mireles) & Enrique Longoria Jr. The youngest of four sisters who grew up in a Mexican-American family on a ranch near Corpus Christi, Longoria attended Texas A&M University-Kingsville, where she received a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. After graduating from college, she entered a talent contest that brought her to Los Angeles, where she was spotted and subsequently signed by a theatrical agent. After landing roles on The Bold and the Beautiful (1987), General Hospital (1963) and co-starring on Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990), she auditioned for and won the role of “Isabella” on the popular series, The Young and the Restless (1973). After Y&R, Eva became well known worldwide thanks to Desperate Housewives (2004), where she played a main character, Gabrielle Solis. She also has a contract with L’Oreal and has been named one of the most beautiful people. A passionate advocate of education she founded The Eva Longoria Foundation which helps Latinas build better futures for themselves and their families through education and entrepreneurship and earned a Masters in Chicano Studies presenting her thesis on “Success STEMS From Diversity: The Value of Latinas in STEM Careers.” Eva has also contributed writing to publications on the subject of education.
Interesting Facts about Eva Longoria
- Was on the cover of the 100th edition of Maxim magazine. [September 2006]
- Her Las Vegas restaurant, “Beso”, is under bankruptcy protection. [July 2011]
- Her wedding dress for her civil ceremony was designed by Karl Lagerfeld.
- Ranked #1 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2005 list.
- Ranked #1 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2006 list.
- Her surname, Longoria, comes from the old Asturian (Spanish) noble surname; de Longoria, from a branch settled on Nueva España, now Mexico, in the 17th century, becoming rich farmers.
- She fell down some stairs on the set of Desperate Housewives (2004). Her ribs were very bruised. [October 2006]
- Friends with George Lopez, Bradley Cooper, Wilmer Valderrama, Ana Ortiz, Justina Machado, Amaury Nolasco and Serena Williams.
- (August 18, 2005) Accidentally hit on the head by a falling pole on the set of her series Desperate Housewives (2004) and was unconscious for four minutes. Taken to a hospital, treated for a bump on the head and released.
- Attended Texas A&M University-Kingsville, where she received her Bachelor of Science degree in kinesiology (the study of anatomy, physiology and body movement).
- Was a dancer with The Pussycat Dolls.
- An essay she wrote titled “Latinas and the Educational Crisis” is included in the book Latinos and Latinas at Risk: Issues in Education, Health, Community, and Justice. She also contributed to The Shriver Report: A Woman’s Nation Pushes Back From the Brink with her essay “Empowering Latinas” from the 2014 edition.
Personal Quotes by Eva Longoria
I’ve always said I want a farmer, not a hunter. Hunters go for the kill and they move on. A farmer nurtures; he watches things grow.- Eva Longoria
I think what destroys Hollywood marriages is our work schedule, not so much infidelity.- Eva Longoria
Immigration is not the top issue for Latinos. Latinos are like every other American – economy, jobs, healthcare, education.- Eva Longoria
I am treated no different than the other girls.- Eva Longoria
I find it a turnoff whenever men aren’t into some kind of sport. And, no, video games don’t count. I dated a guy who was into video games, and I wanted to shoot myself.- Eva Longoria