Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Eva Mendes. Check it out!
Eva Mendes is an American actress, model and businesswoman. She began acting in the late 1990s. After a series of roles in B movies such as Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror (1998) and Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000), she made a career-changing appearance in Training Day (2001). Since then, Mendes has co-starred in films such as All About the Benjamins (2002), 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003), Ghost Rider (2007), We Own the Night (2007), Stuck on You (2003), Hitch (2005), opposite Will Smith. and The Other Guys (2010). She has appeared in several music videos for artists like Will Smith. Mendes has been a model and ambassador for Cocio chocolate milk, Magnum ice cream, Calvin Klein, Cartier, Thierry Mugler perfume, Reebok, Campari apéritif, Pantene shampoo, Morgan, and Peek & Cloppenburg. She designs a fashion collection for New York & Company and is also the creative director of CIRCA Beauty, a makeup line sold at Walgreens.
Interesting Facts about Eva Mendes
- Has played Denzel Washington’s wife/girlfriend twice: Training Day (2001) and Out of Time (2003).
- Frequently appeared in Calvin Klein underwear advertising campaigns with Jamie Dornan.
- Her birth name is Eva de la Caridad Méndez, with a z.
- Admires the film Network (1976), which inspired her to star in Live! (2007).
- Inducted into the Hair Fan’s Hall of Fame in 2012.
- Hobbies are music, hiking, biking, skiing, mountain climbing, and interior design.
- Owns a Belgian Malinois dog and gives commands to it in French, because it was trained in this language. Belgian Malinois are similar to Alsatians but considered more intelligent. They are used by United States SEAL teams.
- Was in a relationship with filmmaker George Augusto from 2002 to 2010.
- Ranked #80 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2004” supplement.
- Ranked #54 on Maxim magazine’s “Hot 100 Women of 2002” list.
- Before Kate del Castillo played Teresa Mendoza in the Telemundo novela La Reina del Sur, Eva was going to play Teresa in a film version of the book based on the novel by Spanish writer Arturo Pérez-Reverte. The iconic role of Teresa Mendoza has since been played by Alice Braga in a USA Network series.
- Loves interior designing and would undertake this profession if not acting.
Personal Quotes by Eva Mendes
I feel I’ll take on the responsibility of showing the world a whole different kind of Latin woman.- Eva Mendes
I’ve been with the same person for a very long time but I’m just non-conventional in that way. I don’t think people need to be married. I think a lot of people need that piece of paper, but I don’t think everybody needs that to feel secure.- Eva Mendes
We seem okay with violence, but nudity we race to criticize and censor.- Eva Mendes
Personally, I think wearing a baby chinchilla says, ‘I’m ignorant.’- Eva Mendes
Even if you buy a fur glove with the little trim, and you think ‘Oh, my God, it’s just a little trim,’ that animal got clubbed.- Eva Mendes