Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Evan Rachel Wood. Check it out!
Evan Rachel Wood was born September 7, 1987, in Raleigh, North Carolina. Her father, Ira David Wood III, is a theatre actor, writer and director, and her mother, Sara Wood, is an actress and acting coach. She has two older brothers–Dana Wood, a musician, and Ira David Wood IV, who has also acted. Evan and her brothers sometimes performed at Theatre In The Park in Raleigh, which her father founded and where he serves as executive director.
Interesting Facts about Evan Rachel Wood
- Is close with the cast of Thirteen (2003) and still remains in touch with them.
- Sings two songs on the “School’s Out” Christmas album: “Christmas Isn’t Christmas” and “Silver and Gold”.
- Returned to work 6 months after giving birth to her son Jack to begin filming 10 Things I Hate About Life (2014).
- In 2003, Vogue Magazine named her one of the “It Girls of Hollywood.”
- Got her high school diploma at the age of 15.
- A survivor of a double rape and severe physical abuse, she was one of 3 women giving evidence to the U.S. Congress in Washington D.C. in support of the “Sexual Assault Survivor’s Bill of Rights Act” [February 2018].
- Was originally cast in Sucker Punch (2011), but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts with True Blood (2008).
-  Ranked #1 in Venus Zine’s 25 Under 25 ladies list.
- Has a son, Jack Matfin Bell (b. July 29, 2013), with her ex-husband Jamie Bell.
- She has a black belt in tae kwon do.
- Was originally set to play Terri in Raise Your Voice (2004), but dropped out due to production changes. Hilary Duff was then cast as her replacement.
- A lifelong avid fan of David Bowie, she had the privilege of performing some of his songs with original Bowie band members (Mike Garson) Mike Garson (piano), (Gerry Leonard) Gerry Leonard (bass), (Earl Slick) Earl Slick (guitar), during a posthumous Bowie tribute concert at the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles (February 2018).
Personal Quotes by Evan Rachel Wood
I was a real tomboy for most of my life. Then I went through a really girlie period, then through a goth phase. I was so obsessed with my hair and makeup, and I was having so much fun as a teenager playing with my look.- Evan Rachel Wood
I’ve made my own music, and the way I’ve always described it is Peggy Lee with an electric guitar, or Billie Holiday with some PJ Harvey in there.- Evan Rachel Wood
I am trying to be a good person. I am trying to be myself, and if nobody likes me for me, that is their problem.- Evan Rachel Wood
You don’t have to take yourself so seriously all the time.- Evan Rachel Wood
I don’t want to have another baby, but my little sister is adopted, and I was hoping that one day I could do that…There are so many possibilities.- Evan Rachel Wood