Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Evangeline Lilly. Check it out!
Evangeline Lilly, born in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, in 1979, was discovered on the streets of Kelowna, British Columbia, by the famous Ford modeling agency. Although she initially decided to pass on a modeling career, she went ahead and signed with Ford anyway, to help pay for her University of British Columbia tuition and expenses.
Interesting Facts about Evangeline Lilly
- Jeff Palffy, formerly with Ford Models, now with PMG Management in Vancouver, was Lilly’s first agent and was instrumental in her first break on Lost (2004).
- Ranked as #75 in F”HM”‘s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005” special supplement.
- Voted one of the Breakout Stars of 2004 by “Entertainment Weekly” Magazine.
- Refused to do a partial nude scene in an early episode of Lost (2004).
- In 2003 she was cast in several commercials for a dating hotline called LiveLinks. The late-night ads ran for more than two years on basic cable channels, even after she made it big on ABC’s hit drama Lost (2004). During a guest spot on Late Show with David Letterman (1993), David Letterman played one of her commercials on his show.
- Ranked #12 on “Wizard” magazine’s “Sexiest Women of TV” list in March 2008.
- Founded and ran a world development and human rights committee at her university. She has lived in a grass hut in the jungles of the Philippines with a missionary group, and has been a volunteer for children’s projects since the age of 14.
- Ranked #68 on “Maxim” magazine’s Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Named #2 on the “Maxim” Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Has two sisters–younger sister is named Andrea.
- Kate, her character on Lost (2004), is frequently seen climbing trees. This is because the very athletic Lilly loves to climb trees herself.
- Her father is a home economics teacher in Canada. Her mother is a middle-school secretary who previously worked as a cosmetician and ran a day-care service.
Personal Quotes by Evangeline Lilly
I think women in Hollywood who don’t do Botox and plastic surgery are revered. I revere them… My plan is to never go there. I’m too vain to get plastic surgery because I don’t like how it looks, and I want to look my best.- Evangeline Lilly
If you can’t sit in a cafe quietly and be ignored, how can you observe human nature and write a story?- Evangeline Lilly
That’s what happens in Hollywood. People are like, ‘I want to hate you, because everyone else seems to love you.’ But the reality is this: I’m a simple person who’s not interested in attention and who just wants to go about her business.- Evangeline Lilly
When I was a little girl, I dreamed of being an elf.- Evangeline Lilly
I’m very picky when it comes to men. I come across a man who I’m really attracted to about once every five years.- Evangeline Lilly