Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Famke Janssen. Check it out!
Famke Janssen was born November 5, 1964, in Amstelveen, the Netherlands, and has two other siblings. Moving to America in the 1980s, she modeled for Chanel in New York. Later, taking a break from modeling, she attended Columbia University, majoring in literature.
Interesting Facts about Famke Janssen
- Her favorite movies of her career are Love & Sex (2000) and Turn the River (2007).
- Because she values her personal privacy, does not participate in social media at all.
- Turn the River (2007) was written for her by her The Treatment (2006) co-star Chris Eigeman.
- Is a fan of Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep.
- Was cast as Serleena in Men in Black II (2002) but had to drop out due to a death in the family. Lara Flynn Boyle was cast in her place.
- Sisters Antoinette Beumer and Marjolein Beumer are a director and actress respectively.
- Ranked #69 in Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women in the World” .
- Provides the Dutch-language narration for the Studio Tram Tour at Disney parks.
- Originally, Famke Janssen was cast for the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993) series after her work on the Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987) episode, Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Perfect Mate (1992), and was to reprise her role as “Kamala”. However, she wanted to leave herself open for feature film work and turned the role down. The role of “Jadzia Dax” was created to take the place of this character, which was performed by actress Terry Farrell.
- Used to eat almonds and dried cranberries every day while filming X-Men: The Last Stand (2006).
- Her favorite horror movie is The Shining (1980). Her all-time favorite movie is The Awful Truth (1937).
- Did all her own pool shots in Turn the River (2007).
Personal Quotes by Famke Janssen
My French is still good. That’s a beautiful language and I’m happy to speak it.- Famke Janssen
I don’t know how to cook and there’s so much work involved you have to buy the groceries and prepare them. I like it when people cook for me, or I’ll just order some take-out.- Famke Janssen
It’s never been important to be a huge star or to have some breakout role. If you’re the lead, you get a lot more screen time and you get a lot more chances to develop that character more thoroughly than you would if you do it in a little supporting part.- Famke Janssen
I started as a model in Holland and Chanel took me to New York when I was 19, after which I decided to stay.- Famke Janssen
I try not to have high expectations of people because it just sets you up for disappointment, but it’s great to work with actors who are that talented and accomplished.- Famke Janssen