Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Felicity Jones. Check it out!
Felicity Rose Hadley Jones is an English actress and producer. Jones started her professional acting career as a child, appearing at age 12 in The Treasure Seekers (1996). She went on to play Ethel Hallow for one series in the television show The Worst Witch and its sequel Weirdsister College. After Kings Norton Girls School, Jones attended King Edward VI Handsworth School, to complete A Levels and went on to take a gap year (during which she appeared in the BBC series Servants (2003)). She took time off from acting to attend school during her formative years, and has worked steadily since she graduated with a 2:1 from Wadham College, Oxford in 2006, where she read English. While studying English, she appeared in student plays, including Attis in which she played the title role, and, in 2005, Shakespeare’s “Comedy of Errors” for the OUDS summer tour to Japan, starring alongside Harry Lloyd.
Interesting Facts about Felicity Jones
- Felicitas is a Roman goddess of luck and fortune.
- Felicity Jones and Ellie Kendrick have played sisters twice.
- Nominated Best Newcomer at the 2008 Evening Standard Theatre Awards for “The Chalk Garden” at the Donmar Warehouse.
- One of her life’s passions is cooking, especially Italian cuisine.
- Her family home is Worcestershire.
- (June 30, 2018) Married her boyfriend of 3 years Charles Guard in a secret ceremony at Sudeley Castle in the Cotswolds, Oxfordshire in England. They began dating in 2015 and their engagement was announced in May 2017.
- Her name Felicity is derived from the Latin word felicitas meaning “luck, good fortune”.
- Her uncle is the actor Michael Hadley.
- Before she became a household name, Felicity appeared with Benedict Cumberbatch and David Tennant in a BBC Radio 4 adaptation of Jane Austen’s “Mansfield Park” (2003).
- Sister-in-law of Thomas Guard.
- (December 4, 2019) Expecting her first child with husband Charles Guard.
- In 2006 she graduated with a 2:1 (Second-class Honours, upper division) in English from Wadham College, Oxford, where she’d acted in a few student plays.
Personal Quotes by Felicity Jones
I make all my decisions by listening to my instinct and then keeping my fingers crossed it will lead to a good place.- Felicity Jones
The key is working with great directors. A film is so many different people and all their talents, but particularly the directors, because of the idiosyncrasies of that person.- Felicity Jones
You have to be brave and not always play likeable people. It’s difficult, because there’s a demand for the hero or heroine to be very likeable.- Felicity Jones
I have a great plain blue shirt from APC, and a denim one from Dolce that I wear constantly. It’s hard to find the perfect denim shirt, but this is it.- Felicity Jones
I’m not a huge jewelry fan.- Felicity Jones