Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Finn Wolfhard. Check it out!
A native of Vancouver, British Columbia, actor Finn Wolfhard stars as Mike Wheeler in the critically acclaimed Netflix Original Series “Stranger Things.” The hit series has received various accolades, including a Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series; two MTV Movie & TV Awards for Show of the Year; an AFI award for TV Program of the Year; and a Golden Globe nomination for Best Drama Television Series. To date, the series has received 30 Primetime Emmy Award nominations, including two for Outstanding Drama Series. The third season premiered in July 2019, breaking Netflix viewership records in its first weekend of release and has gone on to become Netflix’s most watched season to date. “Stranger Things” was renewed for a fourth season which began production in 2020.
Interesting Facts about Finn Wolfhard
- He plays the guitar, the piano, the drums, bass and the harmonica.
- Great-great-aunt was silent film and theatre actress Rita Jolivet. Finn’s great-grandfather, Alfred Eugene Jolivet, was Rita’s brother.
- He was a member of the band Calpurnia from 2017 to 2019.
- Finn admitted to having a fear of clowns, appropriate for playing Richie Tozier in the new “It” movie.
- His new band The Aubreys, formed in 2019, is named after his childhood cat, Audrey.
- He is of German, Scandinavian, Welsh, Irish, and one fourth Ashkenazi Jewish, descent.
- His three favourite films are The Graduate (1967), Dazed and Confused (1993) and Melody (2014).
- Featured in the music video for the song “Guilt Trip” (2014) by Canadian punk band PUP.
- On May 27, 2019, made his modeling debut as the newest face of Saint Laurent’s Fall/Winter ’19 campaign.
- Brother of Nick Wolfhard, who also acts. Son of Mary Jolivet and Eric Wolfhard, a writer.
- In the Neibolt House scene in It (2017), there is water on his shirt because Jack Dylan Grazer said something that made him laugh so hard with a mouth full of water he spit it out on his shirt.
Personal Quotes by Finn Wolfhard
I’m good at reading people. If I wasn’t an actor, I would be a psychologist.- Finn Wolfhard
I don’t take the Internet and social media very seriously. I’ve grown up around social media but to me what happens on the Internet just doesn’t feel real.- Finn Wolfhard
I’ve been asked to school dances.- Finn Wolfhard
The biggest thing for me, I hate going to concerts where no-one’s moving. Everyone should be dancing and having a good time.- Finn Wolfhard
To see a hacker actually hacking is not the most interesting thing visually, and it’s pretty boring as an actor: a hacker taps on her keyboard. There’s really not much more than that.- Finn Wolfhard