Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Florence Pugh. Check it out!
Florence Pugh is an English actress. She is known for The Falling (2014), her film debut, Lady Macbeth (2016), Outlaw King (2018), Fighting with My Family (2019), and Midsommar (2019).
Interesting Facts about Florence Pugh
- Her audition for Abigail in “The Falling” was her first professional audition.
- Her surname is pronounced “pew”.
- Sister of Arabella Gibbins, Toby Sebastian, and Rafaela Pugh.
- She was unable to participate in the two-week-long rehearsal of the Little Women script, as she was filming Midsommar. She said that the sudden transition from Midsommar to Little Women was very therapeutic, and has also stated that this helped create distance between her and her co-stars that played her sisters.
- Her first middle name is Rose (her nickname is Flossie Rose), but her second and third middle names which start with C and M are still unknown.
- At 6 years old, she played Mary in a school Nativity play.
- Went to the same school as Sir Laurence Olivier, Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington.
- Her brother, Toby Sebastian, has acted in Game of Thrones. He played Prince Trystane Martell.
- In a relationship with Zach Braff.
- She immensely enjoys the condiment Branston Pickle.
- Daughter of Deborah, a dance teacher and dancer, and Clinton Pugh, a restaurateur who runs The Grand Cafe, Kazbar and the Cafe Coco chain.
- Other actresses, including her Little Women co-star Saoirse Ronan, were considered for the role of Yelena Belova in Black Widow. However, after Florence received positive reviews for her portrayal in Fighting with My Family, Marvel returned to her for the role.
Personal Quotes by Florence Pugh
If I can make my mark just a little bit, then great.- Florence Pugh
In order for us to appreciate this world, we have to be a bit more honest, and I hope I do that.- Florence Pugh
I have been enormously lucky. My first role was in a great film by a woman director.- Florence Pugh
I wanted to go to drama school, but when I got the part in ‘Falling,’ I got an agent, so it seemed a good idea to work. I always did a lot of singing and dancing, so I am glad it worked out that way. I would like to study stage acting at some point, though.- Florence Pugh
Why shouldn’t there be more epic, brilliant female characters onscreen?- Florence Pugh