Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Gal Gadot. Check it out!
Gal Gadot is an Israeli actress, singer, martial artist, and model. She was born in Rosh Ha’ayin, Israel, to a Jewish family. Her parents are Irit, a teacher, and Michael, an engineer, who is a sixth-generation Israeli. She served in the IDF for two years, and won the Miss Israel title in 2004.
Interesting Facts about Gal Gadot
- Ranked #84 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2014 list.
- Her first and second name respectively mean, “wave” and “riverbank”.
- She served for two years as sports trainer in the Israeli Defense Forces between ages eighteen and twenty.
- After deciding to turn to acting, her very first audition was for the role of Camille in the 007 film ‘Quantum of Solace’ (2008). Ukrainian actress Olga Kurylenko ultimately won the part.
- She was offered to portray Faora in Man of Steel (2013), but turned it down due to her pregnancy at that time. The role was passed to Antje Traue.
- Enjoys basketball, volleyball and tennis.
- While not filming “Wonder Woman 1984”, she visited patients of Inova Children’s Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia.
- She was up for the role of Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), but it ultimately went to Karen Gillan.
- She and Lynda Carter (who is also known for the role of Wonder Woman) both made appearances in Disney films. Gal voices Shank in Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018). Lynda performed as Principal Powers in Sky High (2005).
- She won the Miss Israel title in 2004, and represented Israel at the 2004 Miss Universe beauty pageant.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 26, a daughter named Alma Versano in November 2011. Child’s father is her husband, Yaron Versano.
- Her family is Ashkenazi Jewish. Her father is a sixth-generation Israeli. Her maternal grandparents were born in Europe, and her maternal grandfather, who was from Czechoslovakia, survived Auschwitz. Her other ancestors lived in Belarus, Lithuania, Russia, Poland, Austria, and Germany.
Personal Quotes by Gal Gadot
For me, it was important Wonder Woman wouldn’t be a Goody Two-Shoes. She has a little bit of attitude, and when she fights, she has a smirk on her face. I didn’t want her to be polished. I want people to relate to her.- Gal Gadot
For me especially, I travel a lot, and with the weather change and everything, my skin gets dehydrated very fast.- Gal Gadot
I feel that I’ve got the opportunity to set a great role model for girls to look up to a strong, active, compassionate, loving, positive woman, and I think it’s so important.- Gal Gadot
I am very much in favor of women’s rights, being a woman myself, and I support intelligent, successful, independent working women.- Gal Gadot
I represent the ‘Wonder Woman’ of the new world.- Gal Gadot