Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Gary Busey. Check it out!
A blond-haired, fair-complexioned actor with a toothy grin and capable of an unsettling glint in his eyes, Gary Busey was born in Goose Creek, Texas, and was raised in Oklahoma. He is the son of Sadie Virginia (Arnett), a homemaker, and Delmar Lloyd Busey, a construction design manager. He has English, as well as Irish, Scottish, and German, ancestry. He graduated from Nathan Hale High School in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1962 and for a while was a professional musician. A talented drummer, he played in several bands, including those of country-and-western legends Leon Russell, Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson.
Interesting Facts about Gary Busey
- The March 10, 1982, issue of Variety announced the film “The Glory Road”, directed by Marjoe Gortner starring Gary Busey, Dabney Coleman, and Mary Crosby, started filming February 1, 1982, filming suspended February 8, 1982. The film went bankrupt and was never completed.
- Both he and his actor-son Jake Busey are licensed pilots, having been trained at a flight school next-door to the Santa Monica airport.
- In 2014, he won season 14 of Celebrity Big Brother (2001) in the United Kingdom. He is the first ever American to win the reality show.
- (June 9, 1998) Filed for divorce from Tiani Warden; later withdrawn.
- (January 25, 1999) Arrested and released on bail after a fight with his wife, Tiani Warden.
- Has played Peter Keyes in Predator 2 (1990) and then, at one point, he was attached to do a cameo as John Yutani, the other half of the infamous Weyland-Yutani Company from the Alien films in AVP: Alien vs. Predator (2004), but the character was written out of the script.
- Nearly died of head injuries in a motorcycle accident in December 1988.
- Has appeared with Scott Glenn in four films: Angel Warriors (1971), Hex (1973), My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys (1991) and The Player (1992).
- Has appeared on Tulsa television as the character Teddy Jack Eddy, along with the host Gailard Sartain, in “Mazeppa’s Uncanny Film Festival and Camp Meeting”.
- Friends with Tommy Lee Jones, Meat Loaf, Jeff Bridges, and Nick Nolte.
- Lampooned on Family Guy.
- Appears in The Tractors music video Shortenin’ Bread as the crazy cook.
Personal Quotes by Gary Busey
I don’t know how I got involved in ‘Celebrity Wife Swap.’ It came from my agent Hugh. He got the opportunity for me.- Gary Busey
Nothing changes like changes, because nothing changes but the changes.- Gary Busey
I love love, and I love life. I love. I just love. It’s just great. It’s the most enduring element we have is love.- Gary Busey
I’ve been told by doctors and surgeons that I have the energy of ten men who have normal jobs.- Gary Busey
You know what ‘FAILING’ stands for? It stands for ‘Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth.’- Gary Busey