Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Gaten Matarazzo. Check it out!
Gaten John Matarazzo III (born September 8, 2002) is an American actor. He began his career on the Broadway stage as Benjamin in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, and as Gavroche in Les Misérables. He stars as Dustin Henderson in the Netflix science-fiction drama series Stranger Things.
Interesting Facts about Gaten Matarazzo
- Spokesman for Verizon FiOS since 2017.
- Has an older sister, Sabrina and a younger brother Carmen.
- His mother is named Heather, but she is not actress Heather Matarazzo.
- Was born with cleidocranial dysplasia, a rare genetic condition which caused him to be born without collar bones, and which affected the development of his facial bones, skull and teeth. According to Gaten, his case is mild. After Gaten was cast, the condition was written into the script. In the pilot episode of Stranger Things (2016), Dustin (Gaten) actually explains his condition to a school bully who mocks him about his teeth and then asks him to “do the shoulder thing.” Dustin obliges, bringing his shoulders together on front of his chest (which he is able to do because of the lack of collarbones).
- His ancestry includes Italian, Hungarian, English, Finnish, and Scottish.
- Counts The Goonies (1985) as one of his all-time favorite movies.
Personal Quotes by Gaten Matarazzo
I started doing theater, musical theater, because of my sister. She’s a singer; she’s an actress, too.- Gaten Matarazzo
Unless people are in the shoes of a child actor, they don’t realise how difficult it can be at times. I definitely enjoy what I’m doing, though.- Gaten Matarazzo
Kids are so accustomed to technology that it’s upsetting to watch them without their phones. They don’t know what to do. Sometimes I feel like I’m like that, too – if I get my phone taken away because I’m grounded, I don’t know what to do. So I just have to sit in my room and stare blankly at the ceiling.- Gaten Matarazzo
College is something I’ve always said I wanted to do, but you’re going there to get a piece of paper that says you can get a job, but if I’m already working steadily and doing good work, it makes you question your priorities. Right now, I’m in my own film college: filming a TV show.- Gaten Matarazzo
I started acting when I was seven, and I didn’t get my first role till I was nine. So for two years, I was just auditioning.- Gaten Matarazzo