Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about George Clooney. Check it out!
George Timothy Clooney was born on May 6, 1961, in Lexington, Kentucky, to Nina Bruce (née Warren), a former beauty pageant queen, and Nick Clooney, a former anchorman and television host (who was also the brother of singer Rosemary Clooney). He has Irish, English, and German ancestry. Clooney spent most of this youth in Ohio and Kentucky, and graduated from Augusta High School. He was very active in sports such as basketball and baseball, and tried out for the Cincinnati Reds, but was not offered a contract.
Interesting Facts about George Clooney
- Committed to O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000) before even reading a script, because of his wish to work with the Coen brothers. He even accepted a significantly lower salary than usual.
- With his partners sold their tequila brand Casamigos to Diageo Plc, a British multinational alcoholic beverages company for $1 Billion. [June 2017]
- In 2007, he was ranked #13 on Entertainment Weekly’s ‘The 50 Smartest People in Hollywood’.
- His voice was dubbed for the singing moments in O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000).
- Owns a villa in Laglio at Lake Como, Italy, where he lives several months of the year.
- He auditioned for the role of Mr. Blonde/Vic Vega in Reservoir Dogs (1992), but was turned down.
- He gained 30 pounds for his Oscar winning role as Bob Barnes in Syriana (2005).
- Directed one Oscar nominated performance: David Strathairn in Good Night, and Good Luck. (2005).
- Ranked #29 in Premiere’s 2003 annual Power 100 List.
- In December 2006, he traveled to China and Egypt to make a personal plea to Chinese and Egyptian officials to use their ties with the Sudanese government to help stop the violence in the Darfur region.
- His famed “Roman haircut” was actually an accident. While filming From Dusk Till Dawn (1996), he wanted to make his character Seth Gecko look really crazy with a chopped off hairstyle. But the haircut became popular and turned into a positive.
- Quit the WGA in April 2008 after the union turned down his wish to be credited as a co-writer for Leatherheads (2008). He felt that he was let down by the union.
Personal Quotes by George Clooney
I’ve been my most happy and my most unhappy in relationships. I have family and friends and people I care very much about. I’ve got a really, really, really good life.- George Clooney
You can’t legislate good taste.- George Clooney
If people see me having dinner with a beautiful woman, they immediately believe that I’m having a love affair with her. Of course that’s rubbish. I’m not a playboy!- George Clooney
It’s possible for me to make a bad movie out of a good script, but I can’t make a good movie from a bad script.- George Clooney
I’m not smart enough and I don’t know enough about what’s going on.- George Clooney