Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Giancarlo Esposito. Check it out!
Giancarlo Giuseppe Alessandro Esposito was born in Copenhagen, Denmark, to an Italian carpenter/stagehand father from Naples, Italy, and an African-American opera singer mother from Alabama. His parents, working in Europe at the time of his birth, settled in Manhattan by the time he was 6, and that’s where he grew up.
Interesting Facts about Giancarlo Esposito
- He was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6351 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California, on April 26, 2014.
- Won Obie Awards for his performances in “Zooman and the Sign” (1981) and “Distant Fires” (1993).
- His mother was an American opera singer and his father was a stagehand and carpenter from Naples, Italy.
- For a while in New York City, he was a roommate of Laurence Fishburne.
- Was a member of the dramatic jury at the 1997 Sundance Film Festival.
- Lived in Europe, New York City, and Cleveland until he; his older brother, Vincent; and their parents moved to Manhattan when Giancarlo was six. During the boys’ teens, the family lived in Elmsford in Westchester County, New York.
- Fluent in Italian and Spanish.
- Is a member of the Atlantic Theater Ensemble, the theater company started by David Mamet and William H. Macy.
- His mother was doing a nightclub gig on a split bill with Josephine Baker in Copenhagen, Denmark, around the time he was born.
- Was one of the chorus of children who sang the theme song of The Electric Company (1971).
- Giancarlo Esposito and Aaron Paul appeared together many years before Breaking Bad (2008) on Ghost Whisperer: Fury (2006).
- Is a supporter of Mumia Abu Jamal and participated in the 2012 documentary Mumia: Long Distance Revolutionary (2012).
Personal Quotes by Giancarlo Esposito
After ‘Breaking Bad,’ people are very frightened of who I am. They back away from me on the street.- Giancarlo Esposito
I do play villains.- Giancarlo Esposito
Middle-class people are becoming desperate. It can cause a moral man to break bad.- Giancarlo Esposito
I always wanted to be a boy scout but was too poor. Couldn’t do it.- Giancarlo Esposito
I try to be careful with my persuasiveness. When my heart is really behind it, and when I have no ulterior motive, then I know I’m truly persuasive.- Giancarlo Esposito