Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Gina Carano. Check it out!
From pioneering women’s MMA to blazing a trail in movies, GINA CARANO is one of Hollywood’s most unique rising stars. Carano began her training with Muay Thai to competitive MMA, where she competed in Strikeforce and EliteXC. Her popularity led to her being called the “Face of Women’s MMA” and she was the fastest-rising search on Google and third-most-searched person on Yahoo and ranked 5th on a list of the “Top 10 Influential Women” of 2008. In August 2009, Carano fought Cris Cyborg in Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg, the first time two women headlined a major MMA event and at the time was the highest rated fight in Showtime history. Carano compiled a competitive record of 12-1-1 in Muay Thai and a 7-1 in women’s MMA.
Interesting Facts about Gina Carano
- She is formerly the third best 145 lb (66 kg) female fighter in the world, according to the Unified Women’s MMA Rankings.
- In 2014 Rant Lifestyle ranked her at #29 on their “30 Hottest Women in the World” list.
- She is literally a living doll. “Round 5 World of MMA” came out with a Gina Carano action figure in its “Champions of the UFC – Series 4”.
- Paternal granddaughter of Donald Louis Carano (son of Louis “Louie” Joseph Carano and wife Mildred F. Bisagno, paternal grandson of Benedetto “Ben” Carano (b. probably in Liguria, Italy) and wife Emilia Ferrari (b. probably in Liguria, Italty), and maternal grandson of Joseph Anthony “Joe” Bisagno (b. Genoa, Liguria, Italy) and wife Sarah Faye “Sadie” Tefft (b. Wisconsin), daughter of Henry B. Tefft and wife Alice Maud McIntyre of Clan MacIntyre, of English and more distant Scottish descent) and wife Paddy Creek (daughter of Thomas H. Creek and wife Patsy Velaris Jones, paternal granddaughter of George Washington Creek and wife Ollie or Alle Clay and of English and some German and Dutch, through which line she was eight times great-granddaughter of Ack-toch Caniachkoo, a Mohawk Native American).
- Daughter of professional football player Glenn Carano and Dana Joy Cason.
- She appeared on the television show “Sport Science” where she choked out host John Brenkus. This has led to many fans requesting photos with Gina clenching them in the Rear Naked Choke Hold. With the help of electronic monitoring it was determined that Gina’s punches landed with 650 lbs. of force, her knees with 550 lbs. and her kicks at 800 lbs. for a combined force of 4,800 lbs. She landed all 8 blows in 3 seconds.
- In May 2009, Carano was ranked #16 in Maxim’s Hot 100 list.
- Muay Thai Record is 12-1-1 Wins/Lost/Draw. MMA Record is 7-1-0.
- Maternal granddaughter of Jack Edward Cason, Member of the UNLV Athletics Hall of Fame (son of Vernon Dewey Cason and wife Dallas Smock, paternal grandson of Edward M. Cason and wife Maude E. Harrison and maternal grandson of James Smock and wife Melissa …) and wife Maxine Yvonne Cobb (daughter of Theo Franklin Cobb and wife Julia Elizabeth Johnson, paternal granddaughter of Franklin David Cobb and wife Hattie Gertrude Garrison and maternal granddaughter of Alfred Thomas Johnson and wife Nettie Maybur Reasoner).
- She named her 5 favorite films as True Romance (1993), Braveheart (1995), Let Me In (2010), Cry-Baby (1990) and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969).
- She was ranked as #5 on the “Top Ten Influential Women of 2008” list on Yahoo!.
- She was profiled in a feature story for the ESPN series E:60 and was voted “Hottest Woman In America” by Big Biz Magazine in the Spring 2008 issue. On May 13, 2008, “Gina Carano” was the fastest-rising search on Google and third most searched person on Yahoo!.
Personal Quotes by Gina Carano
It’s a very big deal to me to remain the same person because I know all of this is going to be gone one day and I’m just going to have myself.Gina Carano
I have gotten some of the most beautiful experiences that a person can possibly ask for so I’m not at all complaining.Gina Carano
I’m really surprised how many people knew me as Gina Carano. MMA has a beautiful fan base.Gina Carano
My first fight. I fought a girl that was a little bit heavier, a little bit more experienced and I was petrified because I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. And I did really well against her and nobody believed it was my first fight.Gina Carano
I like fighting because it’s honest.Gina Carano