Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Guy Pearce. Check it out!
Guy Edward Pearce was born 5 October, 1967 in Cambridgeshire, England, UK to Margaret Anne and Stuart Graham Pearce. His father was born in Auckland, New Zealand, to English and Scottish parents, while Guy’s mother is English. Pearce and his family initially traveled to Australia for two years, after his father was offered the position of Chief test pilot for the Australian Government. Guy was just 3-years-old. After deciding to stay in Australia and settling in the Victorian city of Geelong, Guy’s father was killed 5 years later in an aircraft test flight, leaving Guy’s mother, a schoolteacher, to care for him and his older sister, Tracy.
Interesting Facts about Guy Pearce
- Turned down the title role in Daredevil (2003).
- He has appeared in two films that have been selected for the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being “culturally, historically or aesthetically” significant: L.A. Confidential (1997) and Memento (2000).
- Is in a relationship with Carice van Houten since 2015. They have one son together, Monte Pearce (b. August 29, 2016).
- As of 2014, has appeared in three films that were nominated for the Best Picture Oscar: L.A. Confidential (1997), The Hurt Locker (2008) and The King’s Speech (2010). The latter two are winners in the category.
- Is in a relationship with Dutch actress Carice Van Houten. They both met on set of the film Brimstone in 2015, and they welcomed their first child together, son Monte, in August 2016.
- For his role in Prometheus (2012), he was required to sit in a make-up chair for five hours. The make-up and prosthetics would then take one hour to remove.
- (March 19, 2016) Announced that he and his girlfriend Carice van Houten are expecting their first child together in August 2016.
- Was considered for the part of Henri Ducard/Ra’s Al Ghul in Batman Begins (2005). However, he was considered too young for the part and Liam Neeson was cast instead.
- Was ranked #20 in E’s Most Sexiest Men in Entertainment 2003.
- He is an avid supporter of animal rights and environmental causes.
- Has an older sister.
- Was ranked #17 in E’s Most Sexiest Men in Entertainment 2002.
Personal Quotes by Guy Pearce
I’ll have a different answer tomorrow that I do today.- Guy Pearce
You would think that with ten super-famous people in one movie, it’s gonna be ten times more popular or viewed, but on some level, they can cancel each other out.- Guy Pearce
If I’m exhausted, physically and particularly emotionally, I can’t tell what’s good and I can’t tell what’s bad and I’m useless.- Guy Pearce
Where do you even draw the line between genres?- Guy Pearce
I always think the really unfortunate thing about the Australian film industry is its lack of momentum. And I don’t mean this in a derogatory way. I’m always wanting it to pick up momentum, and I’m wondering if that’s even possible.- Guy Pearce