Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Hailee Steinfeld. Check it out!
Hailee Steinfeld was born on December 11, 1996 in Tarzana, California, to Cheri (Domasin), an interior designer, and Peter Steinfeld, a personal fitness trainer. She has a brother, Griffin. Her uncle is Jake Steinfeld, a fitness trainer, and her great-uncle is actor Larry Domasin. Her father is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent and her mother’s ancestry is Filipino, African-American, British Isles, and German. Hailee was raised in Thousand Oaks, California.
Interesting Facts about Hailee Steinfeld
- Her mother, Cheri Steinfeld, is an interior designer and her father, Peter Steinfeld, is a personal fitness trainer.
- Released a hit single “Starving” in 2016, a collaboration with American duo Grey and Russian-German DJ Zedd. The song made it to number 1 of the Billboard Ingles Airplay chart in Mexico.
- Was a cheerleader for eight years.
- She auditioned eight times, for the role of “Mattie Ross”, on the Coen Brother’s True Grit (2010), also starring Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Barry Pepper and Josh Brolin.
- Her maternal great-uncle is actor Larry Domasin, who is the brother of Hailee’s maternal grandfather.
- Her father is of Romanian Jewish and Russian Jewish ancestry. Hailee’s maternal grandfather is the son of a Filipino father, Pastor “Peter” Loresca Domasin, from Panglao, Bohol, and of an African-American mother, Evelyn Olivia Bain, from California. Hailee’s maternal grandmother’s ancestry is English, German, Scottish, and Irish.
- Director Caillou Pettis has stated publicly in a YouTube video of his that he thinks that Hailee Steinfeld is “one of the most amazing actors working in this generation”.
- Has one older brother, Griffin Steinfeld (January 9, 1994), who is a NASCAR driver.
- She played the role of “Talia Alden” in the award-winning short film, She’s a Fox (2009), written and directed by Cameron Sawyer. She made several television commercials and guest appearances on television programs.
- Presented at the 2011 Golden Globes with Justin Bieber.
- In May 2011, Miu Miu announced that it had chosen Steinfeld as its new face.
- Her middle name, Puring, is also her mother, Cheryl’s middle name.
Personal Quotes by Hailee Steinfeld
I haven’t even graduated from high school yet – and I’ve realised in the last four years, with all the travelling I’ve done and all of the movies I’ve made, that the world is my classroom. I’ve experienced things I don’t know you can necessarily get from reading a history book.– Hailee Steinfeld
There’s a different energy with a female director, a female at the head of the production. I don’t prefer one over the other, but they’re definitely different experiences, and I would love to have more of them.– Hailee Steinfeld
Fashion is something I’ve always been interested in… I used to watch the Oscars but paid no attention to the awards… It wasn’t until I started attending red carpet events and was flown out to Paris for my first show, and saw how much is put into it all, that I had this new appreciation for everything.– Hailee Steinfeld
I really love all types of music. I’m really open to that. I really love Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake and some James Taylor and Elton John stuff.– Hailee Steinfeld
I love the film route and I’m gong to try my hardest to stay on it.– Hailee Steinfeld