Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Heather Graham. Check it out!
Heather Joan Graham was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to Joan (Bransfield), a schoolteacher and children’s book author, and James Graham, an FBI agent. She and her sister, actress Aimee Graham, were raised by their strictly Catholic parents. They relocated often, as a result of their father’s occupation, and Heather became increasingly shy. Surprisingly, she had a passion for acting from an early age and despite being labeled a ‘theater geek’ by her peers, she was voted Most Talented by her high school senior class. Unfortunately, her love of acting created a tension between Heather and her family although her mother obligingly drove her to auditions in Hollywood throughout her adolescence.
Interesting Facts about Heather Graham
- Worked at Toys R’Us when she was a teenager
- Older sister of actress Aimee Graham.
- Practises Transcendental Meditation. Appeared meditating on the cover of the August 4, 2003 issue of Time Magazine.
- Graduated 1988 Agoura High School, Agoura Hills, California. Dropped out of UCLA her freshman year to pursue acting
- She attended Agoura High School with sister Aimee Graham, Shane Stanley, Beverly Peele, James Robb, Jensen Daggett and Mike Shinoda.
- She subscribed to BBC America so she could study the accents of the characters in the popular British soap opera EastEnders (1985) for her role as “Mary Kelly” in the “Ripper” thriller From Hell (2001) in 2001. She particularly focused on “Kat Slater”‘s cockney “East End” intonation.
- Was a contestant on Scrabble (1984) in 1986 for the Teen Tournament.
- Ranked #4 in Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women in the World” (2002).
- Though raised as a strict Catholic, she no longer has any connection to her former faith. She now practices Hinduism.
- Was the subject of the power pop song, “Heather Graham”, by the Washington, D.C.-based a-Capella quartet, DaVinci’s Notebook. The song appears on the group’s 2002 CD, “Brontosaurus”.
- Had to turn down the female lead in the film Rounders (1998) because of scheduling conflicts.
- Was cast in the lead role in Things Behind the Sun (2001), but dropped out.
Personal Quotes by Heather Graham
I took karate classes for a few years. Taekwondo. I’d love to do a movie role where I could do some karate.- Heather Graham
Yeah, ‘Feed the Dog’ is just a really fun, teenage movie with Nat Wolff and Selena Gomez and all these other great people. It’s just so silly-funny, and my character’s super-fun.- Heather Graham
I’ve been evaluating how much I value happiness in my life. To be too driven takes away your happiness.- Heather Graham
I watched movies and thought, ‘I want to be in movies,’ and wanted to be an actor.- Heather Graham
I sleep as much as I want. I’ll sleep, like, 11 hours, unless I’m working. Sometimes I do feel like, ‘This is weird; I should just get up so I can fit into the world.’ Then I’m like, ‘Why?’ I don’t have a nine-to-five job.- Heather Graham