Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Heidi Klum. Check it out!
Heidi Klum was born in Bergisch Gladbach, a small city near Cologne, Germany, in 1973. Her career as a top fashion model and swimsuit star began almost by accident when, on a lark, she submitted photos to a model competition hosted by Petra, a young woman’s magazine. Klum won the competition, and signed with Metropolitan, the German modeling agency. After modeling in Europe for a few years to great success, she went to the United States to pursue modeling there, and met with more success, culminating in her relationship with Victoria’s Secret. This brought her to the pinnacle of modeling and, in 1998, the coveted cover of Sports Illustrated’s annual Swimsuit Issue, cementing her status as one of the world’s top models. Along with that came lucrative marketing opportunities, including her own signature lines of sandals, jewelry, and perfume.
Interesting Facts about Heidi Klum
- Has a rose named after her, known as the Heidi Klum rose.
- Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2001.
- Mother, with ex-husband Seal, of four children: Helene Boshoven Klum (b. May 4, 2004), sons Henry Gunther Ademola Dashtu Samuel (b. September 12, 2005) and Johan Riley Fyodor Taiwo Samuel (b. November 22, 2006) and another daughter, Lou Sulola Samuel (b. October 9, 2009).
- Released her first single “Wonderland,” written for a series of television advertisements of retailer Douglas, and reached #13 on the German singles chart (November 2006).
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $8 million.
- On Friday, November 20, 2009, she legally changed her name to Heidi Samuel. Samuel is the surname of her husband, Seal.
- Ranked #10 Sexiest Woman in the world by the Spanish version of DT magazine.
- Voted as #9 on the Top 100 Sexiest Women 2004 in FHM [DK]
- Rescued her son, Henry, and two nannies from a dangerous riptide on Oahu on March 31, 2013.
- Filed for divorce from her second husband Seal after 6 years of marriage and 3 months of separation [April 6, 2012].
- Has designed a less expensive line of jewelry for QVC, the Heidi Klum Jewelry Collection. The line is similar to her collection of fine jewelry for Mouawad, both of which feature her signature clover design.
- Friends with Mel B, Debra Messing, Brad Paisley, Kristin Chenoweth, and Tyra Banks.
Personal Quotes by Heidi Klum
If you are talented, you can really do anything. And if your heart is at the right place and you have the passion for it, you can go for it and do it.- Heidi Klum
I have a whole army of pajamas.- Heidi Klum
My motto is to go wild on the accessories – the belts, the hair clips, the jewelery.- Heidi Klum
I’m not quite that difficult, even though maybe I’m a little bit bossy. But you know, in order to get things done, you do have to be a little bit bossy sometimes or tell people what you really want. Otherwise, things just don’t get done, do they?- Heidi Klum
I feel like looking in the mirror when you brush your teeth, yes, I see lines, and then I smile and I see things here and there. But that’s just, you know, you – that’s your journey, you know?- Heidi Klum