Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Henry Cavill. Check it out!
Henry William Dalgliesh Cavill was born on the Bailiwick of Jersey, a British Crown dependency in the Channel Islands. His mother, Marianne (Dalgliesh), a housewife, was also born on Jersey, and is of Irish, Scottish and English ancestry. Henry’s father, Colin Richard Cavill, a stockbroker, is of English origin (born in Chester, England). Henry is the second youngest son, with four brothers. He was privately educated at St. Michael’s Preparatory School in Saint Saviour, Jersey before attending Stowe School in Buckinghamshire, England.
Interesting Facts about Henry Cavill
- His favorite Superman storylines and the ones he used for inspiration are “Death of Superman”, “Return of Superman”, “Superman: Red Son” and “Earth-One”. He is also a huge fan of Grant Morrison’s “New 52” work.
- His dream role is to play Alexander the Great.
- Good friends with Luke Evans, Jason Momoa, Luca Calvani and Armie Hammer.
- Bought an American Akita dog in January 2014 from Big Bear Akitas breeders in Arkansas, United States. Henry named him Kal, after his role as Superman. Fans have nicknamed his dog, Super Puppy.
- Was director Martin Campbell’s choice for the role of James Bond in Casino Royale (2006), but he was outvoted by the producers who felt he was too young for the role. The role went to Daniel Craig.
- Has a knack for languages. He’s already fluent in French, has conversational skills in Italian and German, and can order a beer in Czech.
- Likes rugby, but no longer plays due to injuries.
- Voted as one of the “World’s Sexiest Men” in a poll by Attitude (2013), behind Tom Daley.
- Is a huge fan of video games.
- Started a tradition in 2012 for giving out commemorative coins as a token of appreciation to people he has worked with. They include Gym Jones who helped Henry get physically fit for Superman, and crew members of Man of Steel (2013), The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015), and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016).
- His favorite Superman story arc is “New Krypton” by Geoff Johns.
- His favorite actor is Russell Crowe. He will be playing the son of Crowe’s character Jor-El in Man of Steel (2013).
Personal Quotes by Henry Cavill
This character matters so much to so many people. I want to get that right. I want to do it justice. I want people to believe in the character and have faith in the character and kids to grow up wanting to be Superman. Or, God forbid, there’s people who are going through hardship and wishing that this character would turn up and save them.- Henry Cavill
I suppose that when I’m building a character, it’s usually related to what their family is like and who their parents are, as well as how I grew up – that nurture side.- Henry Cavill
I work out two, two and a half hours a day.- Henry Cavill
As much as everyone says that Superman is good, a lot of other people might say that that’s why they find him boring… A lot of Batman fans might say that.- Henry Cavill
A large amount of constant activity will get things going. For example, training in the morning will have everything, all the juices flowing by the time you actually get to work. So, when you’re at work, you’ve been already up for an hour or so or two hours, and you’re raring to go where everyone else is still wiping sleep out of their eyes.- Henry Cavill