Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Henry Thomas. Check it out!
Henry Thomas was born on September 9, 1971 in San Antonio, Texas, USA as Henry Jackson Thomas Jr. He is an actor and producer, known for E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982), 11:14 (2003) and Legends of the Fall (1994). He was previously married to Marie Zielcke and Kelly Hill.
Interesting Facts about Henry Thomas
- Was turned down for the role of Eric Bates in The Toy (1982). The role went to Scott Schwartz.
- Married Marie Zielcke in Las Vegas in the same Chapel in which Britney Spears married Jason Allen Alexander.
- He said that at age 8, he wanted to become an actor after watching a PBS special on acting and decided he had found his calling.
- (1996-) Producing and making films.
- He dropped out of Texas’s Blinn College (where he studied philosophy and history) after one year to act full-time.
- Ranked #24 in VH1’s list of the “100 Greatest Kid Stars”.
- Performs with the band The Blueheelers.
- Inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame on March 7, 2013 in Austin, Texas.
- His wife, Marie Zielcke, is a popular actress in Germany.
- He was originally cast in the four-hour miniseries, Merlin (1998), but when Thomas arrived at London’s Heathrow Airport, much to the actor’s surprise, he was informed that his official working papers were not in order, apparently the result of an administrative mess up back home, and he was denied entrance to the country. His reps called the incident an “unfortunate misunderstanding,” adding that her client “did not do anything illegal.” Be that as it may, Thomas was dropped from the Merlin (1998) cast and subsequently replaced by actor Paul Curran.
- At an open audition in a San Antonio, Texas hotel he promptly landed a part in the 1981 Sissy Spacek film Raggedy Man (1981).
- The godfather of his daughter Hazel is Mika Kaurismäki. He was the one who introduced him to his future wife Marie Zielcke.
Personal Quotes by Henry Thomas
I understood why films were made, and if they made a lot of money, they were successful. All of these things I knew. As a ten-year-old boy, I didn’t really think a lot about finances or celebrity. I always viewed films as kind of what I imagined a summer camp to be like.- Henry Thomas
I have horses, I drive a truck, and I wear cowboy boots. First I’m a Texan.- Henry Thomas
My dad’s family comes from the North, and my mother’s family comes from somewhere around Carmarthenshire.- Henry Thomas
I got so tired of everybody talking about ‘Stranger Things,’ I think I developed a mental block against watching it.- Henry Thomas
It’s really important to go back to where you come from.- Henry Thomas