Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Hugh Jackman. Check it out!
Hugh Michael Jackman is an Australian actor, singer, multi-instrumentalist, dancer and producer. Jackman has won international recognition for his roles in major films, notably as superhero, period, and romance characters. He is best known for his long-running role as Wolverine in the X-Men film series, as well as for his lead roles in the romantic-comedy fantasy Kate & Leopold (2001), the action-horror film Van Helsing (2004), the drama The Prestige and The Fountain (2006), the epic historical romantic drama Australia (2008), the film version of Les Misérables (2012), and the thriller Prisoners (2013). His work in Les Misérables earned him his first Academy Award nomination for Best Actor and his first Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy in 2013. In Broadway theatre, Jackman won a Tony Award for his role in The Boy from Oz. A four-time host of the Tony Awards themselves, he won an Emmy Award for one of these appearances. Jackman also hosted the 81st Academy Awards on 22 February 2009.
Interesting Facts about Hugh Jackman
- His wife initially told him he should turn down the role of Wolverine.
- His two children have playtime sessions with Rupert Murdoch’s younger children in New York.
- Often his wife and, sometimes, members of his family stay with him while he is shooting on location.
- He was nominated for a 1999 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for the 1998 season for Best Actor in a Musical for his role in “Oklahoma.”.
- Was school captain during his final year of high school, a school also attended by Australian actors Adam Garcia, Andrew Johnston, Reg Livermore, and Hugo Weaving; writer Stuart Beattie; and radio host John Laws.
- Hugh’s parents were English immigrants to Australia. One of Hugh’s paternal great-grandfathers, Nicholas Isidor Bellas, was Greek, while Hugh’s maternal grandmother, Agnes Milroy, was of Scottish descent.
- He admitted after X-Men (2000) that it was difficult to summon up the rage and darkness necessary for the character of Logan/Wolverine and it took weeks off work with Bryan Singer to find the right tone for the character. After that, however, it was relatively easy for him to play the angry character.
- His life goal as a young man was to be an international freelance journalist. He got a degree in journalism before turning to acting.
- Is the subject of a running joke in Scrubs (2001) where John C. McGinley’s character, Dr Cox, has an unexplained but deep hatred of him and frequently expresses a wish to hurt him.
- Upon meeting Olivia Newton-John (John Travolta introduced the two while he and Jackman were filming Swordfish (2001)), he confessed to her that under his desk in elementary school, there was a poster with Newton-John on it, and he would kiss the poster every day.
- Chosen as one of People magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” 5 years in a row, 2000-2004.
- Was presented the 2,487th Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame accompanied by his wife and two children, as well as his Les Misérables (2012) director Tom Hooper and co-stars Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried (December 13, 2012).
Personal Quotes by Hugh Jackman
As you get older you have more respect and empathy for your parents. Now I have a great relationship with both of them.- Hugh Jackman
I like to dress up in a tailored suit from time to time, and there’s a tailor I go to in Naples who’s fantastic. But if I told anyone his name, I’d have to kill them.- Hugh Jackman
I’ve always felt that if you back down from a fear, the ghost of that fear never goes away. It diminishes people.- Hugh Jackman
When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away.- Hugh Jackman
I remember at one point being in fellowship, and everyone used to wear the fish symbol; it said you were a Christian. So I asked my father, ‘Dad, why don’t you wear that at work?’ And he said, ‘Your religion should be in your actions.’ He set a great, great example.- Hugh Jackman