Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Imelda Staunton. Check it out!
Imelda Staunton was born on January 9, 1956 in Archway, London, England as Imelda Mary Philomena Bernadette Staunton. She is an actress, known for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007), Shakespeare in Love (1998) and Vera Drake (2004). She has been married to Jim Carter since October 1983. They have one child.
Interesting Facts about Imelda Staunton
- She was awarded the CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2016 Queen’s New Years Honours List for her services to drama. She is an actress in London, England.
- Gave birth to her only child at age 37, a daughter, Bessie Carter, on October 25, 1993. Child’s father is her husband, Jim Carter.
- Turned down a recurring role in Desperate Housewives (2004).
- Daughter of Joseph (1933-2010) and Bridie (née McNicholas) Staunton (1934-2004). Both were born and raised in County Mayo, Ireland and immigrated to London with their families after the Second World War.
- She said that her idols are Bette Davis, Vivien Leigh, and Maya Angelou.
- Has just begun filming her role as “Dolores Jane Umbridge” in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007). [February 2006]
- February – May 2017: appearing as “Martha” in the West End revival of Edward Albee’s “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf” at the Harold Pinter Theatre, which also features Conleth Hill (“George”), Imogen Poots (“Honey”) and Luke Treadaway (“Nick”).
- She was awarded the Laurence Olivier Theatre Award in 1986 (1985 season) for Best Performance in a Supporting a Role for “A Chorus of Disapproval” and “The Corn is Green”.
- Her talent agent is the mother of Freddie Highmore.
- One of 112 invitees to join AMPAS in 2005.
- Played an educational bureaucrat in two films in 2007: Freedom Writers (2007) and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007).
- Met husband-to-be Jim Carter when they both appeared in the revival of the Broadway musical “Guys and Dolls” at the National Theatre, London, in 1982.
Personal Quotes by Imelda Staunton
You could say I’m a character actress. Or maybe a character actress who does peculiar, interesting lead roles.- Imelda Staunton
If you’re at an award ceremony, you’re against your mates.- Imelda Staunton
You can only do your best. That’s all you can do. And if it isn’t good enough, it isn’t good enough.- Imelda Staunton
Chaotic people often have chaotic lives, and I think they create that. But if you try and have an inner peace and a positive attitude, I think you attract that.- Imelda Staunton
I think the first 10 years of my daughter’s life were my mother’s happiest, because she could finally have carefree time with a kid.- Imelda Staunton