Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jada Pinkett Smith. Check it out!
Jada Koren Pinkett Smith was born in Baltimore, Maryland, to Robsol Grant Pinkett, Jr., a contractor, and Adrienne Banfield-Jones, a nurse. They divorced after only a few months of marriage. Her father is of African-American descent and her mother is of Afro-Caribbean ancestry (from Barbados and Jamaica). Jada majored in dance and choreography at the Baltimore School for the Arts, where one of her classmates was Tupac Shakur. She spent a year at the North Carolina School of the Arts before dropping out to pursue her career in acting. Her big break came in 1991 when she was cast in the part of a college frosh on the television sitcom A Different World (1987). She made her feature film debut two years later in Menace II Society (1993). She did not gain widespread recognition, however, until her role opposite Eddie Murphy in The Nutty Professor (1996). In addition to being in front of the camera, she has spent time behind it directing music videos. Pinkett-Smith is married to Will Smith, and they have a son, Jaden Smith; and a daughter, Willow Smith.
Interesting Facts about Jada Pinkett Smith
- She and husband Will Smith own a house in Howard County, Maryland. Smith often plays basketball with children who attend Homewood High School, a school for troubled children.
- Lead singer of the pop/rock band Wicked Wisdom. Wicked Wisdom is well-known for being both mainstream pop and brutal heavy metal.
- Portrayed by Kat Graham in All Eyez on Me (2017).
- Ironically auditioned for the role of future husband Will Smith’s girlfriend, Lisa (played by Nia Long), on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990) but was told she was too short.
- Despite her fear of heights, Jada volunteered to perform her first skydive over Dubai for husband Will, his only birthday gift request of her for his 50th birthday celebration. Will celebrated his big day by bungee-jumping from a helicopter over the Grand Canyon just prior to Jada’s plunge.
- Is passionate about oil painting in her spare time.
- Suffers from thalassophobia (fear of sea, boats and sailing) and acrophobia (fear of heights).
- Auditioned unsuccessfully for a ‘vocal’ spot in The Lion King (1994).
- Received a Tony award nomination in 2010 for Best Musical as part of the producing team of “Fela!”.
- Has been with Will Smith since 1995, two years before their marriage.
- She and her husband, Will Smith, were both cast in DC comics projects in 2014 – Will as “Deadshot” in the film, Suicide Squad (2016) and Jada in the television show, Gotham (2014).
- Older sister of Caleeb Pinkett.
Personal Quotes by Jada Pinkett Smith
Take responsibility about what you have on your TV, and about what you are out there supporting.- Jada Pinkett Smith
You can be committed to somebody because of ego: ‘I said I was going to be with this joker for the rest of my life, so I’m just going to do it.’ Or you can be committed because you have a deeply rooted connection.- Jada Pinkett Smith
If I had my way, I’d wear jewelry, a great pair of heels and nothing else.- Jada Pinkett Smith
I won’t sell my soul to the devil, but I do want success and I don’t think that’s bad.- Jada Pinkett Smith
I’m extremely ambitious. I don’t know why people are afraid to say that. I won’t sell my soul to the devil, but I do want success and I don’t think that’s bad.- Jada Pinkett Smith