Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jake Gyllenhaal. Check it out!
Jacob Benjamin Gyllenhaal was born in Los Angeles, California, to producer/screenwriter Naomi Foner (née Achs) and director Stephen Gyllenhaal. He is the brother of actress Maggie Gyllenhaal, who played his sister in Donnie Darko (2001). His godmother is actress Jamie Lee Curtis. His mother is from a Jewish family, and his father’s ancestry includes Swedish, English and Swiss-German.
Interesting Facts about Jake Gyllenhaal
- Was romantically involved with Natalie Portman, Isabel Lucas, Izabel Goulart, Anna Kendrick, Léa Seydoux, Minka Kelly, Ruth Wilson and Lily Collins.
- Member of the ‘Official Competition’ jury at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival in 2012.
- When asked who his idols are, he said Anthony Quinn, Paul Newman, Sean Penn, Bruce Springsteen and Bono.
- Born on the same date as Marla Sokoloff.
- Voted #10 in Elle (France) magazine’s “15 Sexiest Men” poll. [June 2007]
- Introduced his friend Michelle Williams’s film My Week with Marilyn (2011) at the 69th Golden Globe Awards on January 15, 2012.
- Auditioned for and was one of the top contenders for the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins (2005).
- He was awarded the 2002 London Evening Standard Theate Award for Outstanding Newcomer for his performance in “This is Our Youth” at the Garrick Theatre in London, England.
- Godfather of Matilda Ledger, born October 28, 2005 (daughter of actor Heath Ledger and actress Michelle Williams.
- On Phantom Planet’s album “The Guest”, lead singer Alex Greenwald lists him in his thank yous. Alex appeared with Jake in Donnie Darko (2001).
- Had a childhood crush on Martha Plimpton. He met her when she appeared in Running on Empty (1988), which was written by Jake’s mother Naomi Foner.
- Close friends with Natalie Portman and Bryce Dallas Howard.
Personal Quotes by Jake Gyllenhaal
I love movies that are saying things that people might find odd at times. I don’t find them odd at all. They give me comfort.- Jake Gyllenhaal
I have an overactive brain, and as a result of that, I can really get in my own mind. So I like to try and exercise it to the point of exhaustion.- Jake Gyllenhaal
Chris Cooper once told me to never have any regrets. After Chris said that to me, I walk into every scene thinking, ‘exhaust every possibility.’ Once you get to a certain place, it’s like you just deliver everything you’ve got. Don’t have any regrets. It pops up in my mind over and over and over again.- Jake Gyllenhaal
Romance is important, but to have a friend you can use as a mirror, who can give you an objective response, that’s what’s really important.- Jake Gyllenhaal
I love ‘Training Day’ – that’s a great movie.- Jake Gyllenhaal