Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jake Johnson. Check it out!
Jake Johnson (born Mark Jake Johnson Weinberger; May 28, 1978) is an American actor, comedian and director, most commonly known for playing Nick Miller in the Fox comedy series New Girl opposite Zooey Deschanel, for which he has received a Teen Choice Award nomination among others. Johnson also co-starred in the 2009 film Paper Heart and the 2012 film Safety Not Guaranteed, as well as appearing in Get Him to the Greek, 21 Jump Street. His first starring role in a feature film was Drinking Buddies, and he also starred in the 2014 comedy Let’s Be Cops, alongside fellow New Girl star Damon Wayans, Jr. Appeared alongside Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard in Jurassic World (2015). Co-starred with Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe, in the Dark Universe thriller, The Mummy (2017). Starred as gambler Eddie Garrett in Netflix feature film Win It All (2017), alongside Keegan Michael Key and Joe Lo Truglio, directed by friend Joe Swanberg.
Interesting Facts about Jake Johnson
- Dropped out of high school during his sophomore year, returned the following year.
- Member of the Sunday Men’s Basketball League.
- Chicago native.
- Mother Eve Johnson. Father Ken Weinberger. Brother Dan Johnson. Sister Rachel Johnson. Raised by a single mother and took her last name during high school.
- Named after his uncle Mark Johnson, who died at the age of 26 in a motorcycle accident, in 1977.
- Jake’s father is from an Ashkenazi Jewish family (from Hungary, Poland, and Russia). Jake’s maternal grandmother was from a Polish (Catholic) family, while Jake’s maternal grandfather had English, Scottish, Irish, and German ancestry.
- Fan of NFL’s Chicago Bears.
- Member of The Interstate 5 Tennis Association.
- Has 2 children, twins, aged 3 and a half years. Johnson answered this in a Hollywood Access interview, June 9 2017.
Personal Quotes by Jake Johnson
I did about 10-12 national commercials and then got one line parts in things like ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ and the show ‘The Unit.’ Got a little part in the movie ‘Redbelt’ by David Mamet and kept slowly grinding up and then started getting bigger parts in independents and getting noticed by Liz Meriwether.- Jake Johnson
I always thought, if you’re gonna do TV, you want to play a straight, solid, pillar-of-the-show kind of guy.- Jake Johnson
Zooey Deschanel loves music, loves musical theater, loves the show of it.- Jake Johnson
You know, I’ll tell you, nothing changed after ‘No Strings’ for me. A lot of people said, like, ‘Your game will be different,’ but it wasn’t. It really wasn’t.- Jake Johnson
I moved to Los Angeles in January 2004 because a buddy of mine, who I met at a friend’s wedding, said he could get me a room in his apartment for $500 a month. I took it thinking that it would probably only be about six months before I moved back to Chicago, but I fell in love with it.- Jake Johnson