Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jameela Jamil. Check it out!
Jameela Jamil is an English born actress, writer, DJ, model and radio host. She was discovered at 22 years old when she was teaching English in London, UK. Her first job in media was a main host on T4, the UK’s leading youth entertainment show where she made a name for herself interviewing famous actors and musicians. She also became a journalist for Cosmopolitan Magazine and the Huffington Post. After 2 years she became the face of Maybelline and Nails Inc and in 2012, she released her own clothing line after much success in the fashion industry and having shot for both British and American Vogue, Glamour Magazine, Cosmopolitan Magazine and Japanese teen vogue. 2012 also saw her nominated for the PPA and BSME awards for her writing. Later that year she was recruited by BBC Radio 1, to host her own show on their network, which would lead to a promotion in 2013, where she made history as the first woman in its 60 years on air, to host the Official Chart on the esteemed radio station. With much success, including several awards for radio and a growing DJ career she stayed on at the network until 2015, when she left to pursue a writing career in the United States. After signing as a comedy writer at 3ARTS and being taken on by UTA, in spite of never having acted before, she was sent to audition for Michael Schur’s latest project on NBC, The Good Place (2016), to star opposite Ted Danson and Kristen Bell. The comedy series will air in the fall of 2016 for 13 episodes.
Interesting Facts about Jameela Jamil
- A writer, DJ, host, actress and model, she was born to an Indian father and Pakistani mother. She broke her back in a car accident at seventeen, leaving her bed bound for a year and a half. She used to be an English Teacher.
- At age 28, Jameela’s doctor discovered a large lump in her breast. During the week she had to wait for the biopsy report, she made a bucket list, placing a move to California at the top of this list. Six weeks after the operation to remove the cyst, she moved to California.
- She had never acted prior to being cast in The Good Place (2016) (2016 – present).
- She was born with congenital hearing loss and labyrinthitis, for which she had to have several operations to correct. She states that she has “70% audibility in her left ear and 50% in her right ear” as of 2015.
- She has Ehlers-Danlos syndrome that causes loose skin and extremely flexible joints.
- She has Coeliac disease and asthma.
- She was bullied in school due to her race and weight.
- Used to teach English to foreign students.
- In a romantic relationship with British singer-songwriter James Blake since 2015.
- Was involved in a car crash at age 17.
Personal Quotes by Jameela Jamil
I was a model scout. I was never a model, but they just dropped the scout.Jameela Jamil
If you’re in the public eye, you’re constantly scrutinised. I was called too thin and then too fat when I was overweight. It’s just a shame those are the reactions people have.Jameela Jamil
Surround yourself with people and things that inspire you. Learn everything you can.Jameela Jamil
People are so passionate about their favourite artists making it to number 1, it almost reminds me of football fanaticism. Nowadays, it’s ‘One Direction’ vs ‘The Wanted.’ Back in my day, it was ‘Oasis’ vs ‘Blur’.Jameela Jamil
I essentially grew up listening to Radio 1, the chart show in particular. It was a routine, as for many young people. Every Sunday, I waited patiently to be told who was on top.Jameela Jamil