Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about James Marsden. Check it out!
James Paul Marsden, or better known as just James Marsden, was born on September 18, 1973, in Stillwater, Oklahoma, to Kathleen (Scholz) and James Luther Marsden. His father, a distinguished Professor of Animal Sciences & Industry at Kansas State University, and his mother, a nutritionist, divorced when he was nine years old. James grew up with his four other siblings, sisters, Jennifer and Elizabeth, and brothers, Jeff and Robert. He has English, German, and Scottish ancestry. During his teen years, he attended Putnam City North High School which was located in Oklahoma City. After graduating in 1991, he attended Oklahoma State University and studied Broadcast Journalism. While in university, he became a member of the Delta Tau Delta fraternity.
Interesting Facts about James Marsden
- An accomplished singer.
- Father, with ex-wife Lisa Linde, of daughter Mary James Marsden, born on 10 August 2005.
- Also has two brothers, Jeff and Robbie.
- He starred in two musicals in 2007: Hairspray (2007) and Enchanted (2007).
- Is commonly confused as being the brother of actor Jason Marsden. Although the two are not related, they are actually good friends and their respective wives have been friends since they were six.
- Third child, son William Luca Costa-Marsden, was born on 14 December 2012. Mother is model Rose Costa.
- His father is a Distinguished Professor of Animal Sciences & Industry at Kansas State University.
- Joined the Delta Tau Delta fraternity while at Oklahoma State.
- His ancestry is mostly English and German, with some Scottish, and distant French.
- Has worked 4 times with actress Rebecca Romijn: X-Men (2000), X-Men 2 (2003), The Alibi (2006), and X-Men: The Last Stand (2006).
- Turned down the lead role in 54 (1998). Ryan Phillippe later got the role.
- Lost out to Edward Norton for a role in Primal Fear (1996).
Personal Quotes by James Marsden
If you’re an attractive guy, everyone thinks you’re successful just because of the way you look. I hate that.- James Marsden
The Notebook’ made me cry! It got me.- James Marsden
Over the years, I’ve learned that you can have fun with the fabrics and other elements, but if it’s not tailored right, you’ll blow it.- James Marsden
No one forgets their first love. You’re experiencing all those endorphins and all that dopamine and that obsession with one another for the very first time in your life, so it makes it that much more cute.- James Marsden
I have always been good at auditioning, but maybe because I had a good trick at the beginning. I would pretend that my agent gave me the wrong scene or lines. They would take pity on me and hand me the right scene. I would act like I had never seen this before – and then do pretty well considering I had already rehearsed it.- James Marsden