Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jamie Bell. Check it out!
Described by top film critic Mark Kermode as an “unbelievably versatile” actor, Jamie Bell was born in 1986 in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham, England, UK, to Eileen (Matfin) and John Bell, a toolmaker. He comes from a family of dancers including his grandmother, mother, aunt, and sister. It was at his sister’s dance practices that he would stand outside the door and imitate the movements of the dancers inside. At age six, he was encouraged to step inside the door and, thus, his dance career began. His own story parallels that of Billy Elliot (2000) in that Jamie kept his dancing a secret from his friends at school. His mother had him when she was 16 and, unfortunately, he never knew his father.
Interesting Facts about Jamie Bell
- Mother’s name is Eileen.
- Engaged to Kate Mara [June 5, 2017]. They married that year.
- Prefers tap dancing over ballet. Has been in many tap-dancing competitions and won many awards.
- Was in a relationship with Evan Rachel Wood (June 2005-September 2006).
- As of 2018, has never appeared in a film nominated for the the Best Picture Oscar.
- First decided to act when he was nine.
- Only the second actor ever to be awarded Outstanding Performance by a Young Actor from the National Board of Review, USA. The first was fellow Brit Christian Bale in 1987 (then titled Outstanding Juvenile Performance) for Empire of the Sun (1987).
- Was chosen out of 2000 boys to play “Billy Elliot” over a series of seven auditions. Criteria that the casting director was looking for were acting ability, dancing ability and the right Northern English accent.
- Was ranked #19 on Entertainment Weekly’s ’30 Under 30′ the actors list.(2008).
- Met his former wife Evan Rachel Wood while filming Green Day’s music video for “Wake Me Up When September Ends”, where they played an actual couple.
- Brother-in-law of Ira David Wood IV and Dana Wood.
- Good friends with Camilla Belle and Mia Wasikowska.
Personal Quotes by Jamie Bell
I love the old Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly movies; they’re so beautiful to look at. It’s such a shame we don’t make them anymore. Although, I don’t know how you could make tap dancing current and topical.- Jamie Bell
Dancing is like riding a bike.- Jamie Bell
I tap dance.- Jamie Bell
I never really sympathised with Peter Parker.- Jamie Bell
I don’t take any photographs. I travel a lot by myself, and I feel weird taking photos on my own.- Jamie Bell