Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about January Jones. Check it out!
January Jones was born on January 5, 1978 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. She is the daughter of Karen Sue (née Cox), a sporting goods store manager, and Marvin Roger Jones, a gym teacher and fitness director. She is of Czech, Danish, English, Welsh, and German ancestry. She was named after the character January Wayne in Jacqueline Susann’s potboiler novel turned film, Once Is Not Enough (1975). She has two sisters, Jacey Jones and Jina Jones].
Interesting Facts about January Jones
- Makes her own jewelry.
- Was in a relationship with Jason Sudeikis (July 2010-January 2011).
- Practiced yoga during her pregnancy.
- Ranked as having one of the most “beautiful famous faces” by “The Annual Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Famous Faces From Around the World.” She was ranked #17 in 2010 and #42 in 2009.
- Daughter of Marvin Jones, a coach, gym teacher, and fitness director, and wife Karen Cox, who manages a Scheels sporting goods store, and sister of Jina Jones and Jacey Jones.
- Her name is the same as her month of birth.
- Was 8 months pregnant with her son Xander when she took maternity leave from filming the fifth season of Mad Men (2007).
- Gave birth to her first child at age 33, son Xander Dane Jones, on September 13, 2011 at St. John’s Medical Center in Santa Monica, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California. The child’s father is unknown.
- Honorary Official at the October 4, 2009 Sprint Cup Price Chopper 400 at the Kansas Speedway.
- Her paternal grandmother, Emma Christine Sejnoha, was of Moravian/Czech ancestry, and her maternal grandmother, Rosezella Bernice Hanson, was of Danish descent. The rest of January’s ancestry includes English, Welsh, and German.
- Maternal granddaughter of Anton Pavlish and Frances Marecek, (both Czech) and maternal granddaughter of Richard Arthur Cox (son of Clayton Walter Cox and wife Hazel Helen Rowley, paternal grandson of Charles Wesley Cox and wife Calista Maude Bar and maternal grandson of Samuel Wells Rowley and wife Madora Thomas) and wife Rosezella Bernice Hanson (daughter of Hans Jorgen Hanson (b. South Dakota) and wife Mabel Dagmar Jensen (b. South Dakota), paternal granddaughter and maternal granddaughter of Danish paternal grandparents and maternal grandparents).
- Originally auditioned for Peggy Olson in Mad Men (2007), a role that eventually went to Elisabeth Moss.
Personal Quotes by January Jones
Mad Men’ was really my first television role, and it never feels like TV to me. It’s done at such a high level.- January Jones
I have that thing in my stomach where I just need to keep striving for things. In my mind, I want the fairy tale.- January Jones
I lived in a town of 400 until I was like nine or ten. My dad coached all the sports – he was a gym teacher and health teacher for grades K-12.- January Jones
Why not show off if you’ve got something to show?- January Jones
People think that I changed my name. I could’ve been an actress, a superhero, or a stripper.- January Jones