Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jared Padalecki. Check it out!
Jared Padalecki was born in San Antonio, Texas, to Sherri (Kammer), a teacher of English, and Gerald Padalecki, a tax accountant. He is of Polish (father) and German, English, Scottish, and French (mother) descent. Jared started to take acting lessons when he was 12. Then, he won the “Claim to Fame” Contest in 1999 and got to appear on the Teen Choice awards. Jared lived in San Antonio, Texas and attended James Madison High School. He was named a candidate for the year 2000 Presidential Scholars Program. After graduating in the year 2000, he moved to Los Angeles, California to pursue an acting career. He played “Dean Forester” on Gilmore Girls (2000) on the WB starting in 2000 and ending in 2005. From 2005 to now, he has portrayed “Sam Winchester” on the CW’s Supernatural (2005). He also has several feature film credits.
Interesting Facts about Jared Padalecki
- He and classmate Chris Cardeans together won the National Forensics League national championship in Duo Interpretation in 1998.
- On the set of Cheaper by the Dozen (2003) he met Tom Welling, who played Clark Kent on Smallville (2001). Before the start of Supernatural (2005), his co-star Jensen Ackles also played on “Smallville”.
- His mother Sherri was an English teacher at East Central High School in San Antonio, the same school attended by, Henry Thomas.
- Born in 1982, he is the youngest cast member of the TV series Gilmore Girls (2000), approximately a year younger than Alexis Bledel.
- Was engaged to long-term girlfriend Sandra McCoy and proposed in Paris while on holiday during the writers strike (October 2007-March 2008). However, in June 2008 at the “Supernatural” Dallas convention, he announced that they were no longer engaged or together.
- His second son with wife Genevieve Padalecki was born on the evening of 22 December 2013 at home and was named Austin Shepard Padalecki.
- He and his Supernatural (2005) co-star Jensen Ackles were voted People Magazine’s “Sexiest Ghostbusters” in 2005.
- An exceptionally skilled chess player.
- Known on sets for his love of playing pranks on his co-stars.
- Has been taking acting classes since he was 12.
- Had his first son with wife Genevieve Padalecki. named Thomas Colton Padalecki, who was born on March 19, 2012.
- Has the same manager as Freddie Prinze Jr..
Personal Quotes by Jared Padalecki
There’s a book that I read, really a great book – it’s called ‘Lone Survivor’ and I think they’re trying to make it into a movie. I would love to play Marcus Luttrell, who was the author and the ‘lone survivor.’ He’s a national hero; he’s very courageous and heroic in insurmountable danger, so it’s something I’d love to explore.- Jared Padalecki
I’m so happy with my family, my career and my friends, and I’d like for them to be here forever, so I guess loss is what scares me the most.- Jared Padalecki
I’m a big ‘Star Wars’ fan and grew up watching the movies. I read all the books and have read ‘Star Wars’ fiction that went between the newest trilogy and the original trilogy and it was part of my childhood.- Jared Padalecki
I’m a little self-conscious about my body. I love to wear hoodies because you can get cozy and eat some food and your belly doesn’t show!- Jared Padalecki
I’m a Texas guy, and the good and bad of that is that I’m always, first and foremost, loyal. If it weren’t for ‘Supernatural,’ I wouldn’t have a lot of the blessings that I have today, so I’m going to play it out. I’m going to give it my all.- Jared Padalecki