Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jason Clarke. Check it out!
Jason Clarke is an Australian actor, known for often being cast in antagonist roles in feature films. In 1969, Clarke was born in Winton, Queensland, a small town where the main industries are sheep and cattle raising. Winton was established as a township in 1879, but its main claim to fame are a number of dinosaur fossils located within the town’s limits.
Interesting Facts about Jason Clarke
- Born on the 14th anniversary of the opening of Disneyland Park in California.
- Started acting in his mid-twenties.
- Appeared in two movies with Tom Hardy and Gary Oldman: Lawless (2012) and Child 44 (2015).
- Not related to co-star Emilia Clarke, who played his mother in Terminator Genisys (2015).
- Played a character called ‘Eddie Furlong’ in All Saints early in his career. He later played the character John Connor in the Terminator films, as did actor Edward Furlong.
- Born on exactly the same date as F. Gary Gray.
- Born one day before the incident at Chappaquiddick where Senator Ted Kennedy drove off a bridge into a shallow pond, resulting in the death of Mary Jo Kopechne. Clarke played Kennedy in the film The Senator (2017), which dramatizes the incident.
- He grew up in a very rural, desolate part of Queensland. His father was a professional sheep-shearer.
- Although born and raised in Australia, he has never played an Aussie in an American production, thanks to his ability to speak flawlessly in American dialects.
Personal Quotes by Jason Clarke
My favorite part of any project is the preparation. It’s where you get to meet the people, the experts.- Jason Clarke
I’d change nothing in my career path. I was never built for being a handsome teenage star. That’s just not in my psyche, I think. I would have hated to have grown up famous.- Jason Clarke
Europeans have it better than the Americans. The Americans work too hard. The balance is out of whack. Europe’s hung onto a little bit more of living a life and then working as well.- Jason Clarke
The guy I read and I love is Irvin Yalom.- Jason Clarke
I am sick of living out of a suitcase.- Jason Clarke