Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jason Isaacs. Check it out!
Jason Isaacs was born in Liverpool, the third of four children of Sheila and Eric Isaacs. His parents were both from Jewish families (from Eastern Europe). He studied law at Bristol University and graduated in 1985 with a degree in law but decided to study acting. While at Bristol University, he directed and/or appeared in over 20 productions. He then attended the Central School of Speech and Drama and graduated in 1989.
Interesting Facts about Jason Isaacs
- Longtime best friend of writer/director Paul W.S. Anderson.
- Has a cult following due to the weekly ‘Kermode and Mayo’s Film Review’ on BBC, Radio Five Live, where he is regularly saluted (“Hello to Jason Isaacs!”) by his former classmate and film critic Dr Mark Kermode, a practice that the fan base of this show picked up.
- In addition to doubling for Mel Gibson, Girard Swan worked as Isaacs’s stand-in and photo double in The Patriot (2000).
- Has worked with two different men named “Paul Davies”: Paul Davies was the Supervising Sound Editor for Isaacs’s movie, ‘Good (2008)’. Paul Davies was an uncredited Assistant Colourist for both ‘Black Hawk Down (2001)’ (in which Isaacs portrayed Capt. Mike Steele), and for 2002’s ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)’–plus other “Harry Potter” movies–in which Isaacs’s character, Lucius Malfoy, was introduced.
- Was set to play Dr. William Birkin in Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004), but left the project.
- Has been in at least two movies with the offspring of music legends. In ‘Armageddon (1998)’, Isaacs appeared alongside Liv Tyler (daughter of Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler). Lily Collins–daughter of Genesis drummer/soloist Phil Collins–starred in 2011’s “Abduction”, in which Isaacs appeared.
- Emma Hewitt is his common law wife with whom he has lived for 20 years.
- He sings two songs (albeit briefly) in ‘Peter Pan (2003)’ (Isaacs was also listed for these in the closing credits; however, the songs were omitted from the movie soundtrack. Other (uncredited) movie singing performances include ‘The Last Minute (2001)’ (two songs), and ‘Sweetwater (2013)’. On TV (BBC), Isaacs sang (uncredited) in the 2013 ‘Case Histories (2013)’ episode, “Jackson and the Women”, and in the TV-movie, ‘The Curse of Steptoe (2008)’.
- In ‘Armageddon (1998)’, Harry Stamper (Bruce Willis) sarcastically called Dr. Ronald Quincy (Isaacs) “Mr. Wizard”. Four years later, Isaacs began portraying Wizard Lucius Malfoy (in ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)’.
- Met his wife, Emma Hewitt, at drama school.
- Had an uncredited role as Dr. William Birkin (and the narrator) in Resident Evil (2002).
- Harry Potter co-star Gary Oldman is one of his favorite actors.
Personal Quotes by Jason Isaacs
When I came back from filming ‘Abduction’, I told my agent: I’m staying in London now. If it takes doing children’s theater from the back of a van in Kilburn, that’s OK. I need to be with my family. My job is to keep the family together and provide for them.- Jason Isaacs
I went to university and I was a bit out of my depth, socially.- Jason Isaacs
It’s just really, really beautiful. Each scene is one long 15 minute take without cutting. My scene is with Robin Wright-Penn so I’m pretty excited about that.- Jason Isaacs
I get some of the nicest fan mail you could imagine. Also when I’m up for an award, my fans all vote online and then they’ll boast to each other about how many thousands of times they’ve clicked my name. Their thumbs must be bleeding!- Jason Isaacs
Every time I make a plan, God laughs at me.- Jason Isaacs