Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jeff Bridges. Check it out!
Jeffrey Leon Bridges was born on December 4, 1949 in Los Angeles, California, the son of well-known film and TV star Lloyd Bridges and his long-time wife Dorothy Dean Bridges (née Simpson). He grew up amid the happening Hollywood scene with big brother Beau Bridges. Both boys popped up, without billing, alongside their mother in the film The Company She Keeps (1951), and appeared on occasion with their famous dad on his popular underwater TV series Sea Hunt (1958) while growing up. At age 14, Jeff toured with his father in a stage production of “Anniversary Waltz”. The “troublesome teen” years proved just that for Jeff and his parents were compelled at one point to intervene when problems with drugs and marijuana got out of hand.
Interesting Facts about Jeff Bridges
- He was considered for the lead role in Kinsey (2004), which went to Liam Neeson.
- Son of Lloyd Bridges and Dorothy Dean Bridges, brother of Beau Bridges and Cindy Bridges.
- Corrected rumors that he turned down the role of Matt Hooper in Jaws (1975) in an interview with Howard Stern.
- Turned down the lead role of Jack Cates in 48 Hrs. (1982), because he didn’t want to do a simple police movie. The role went to Nick Nolte. Bridges later worked with the director Walter Hill in Wild Bill (1995).
- Became a father for the third time at age 35 when his wife Susan Bridges gave birth to their daughter Haley Roselouise Bridges on October 17, 1985.
- Along with Bruce Boxleitner, he is one of only two actors to appear in both TRON (1982) and TRON: Legacy (2010).
- Uncle of Marcel Bridges, the son of his sister Lucinda.
- He was considered for the role of Steve McKenna in The Mechanic (1972) when Cliff Robertson was set to star in the film.
- He was one of many considered for the role of John Rambo in First Blood (1982) when the screenplay was still circulating.
- Childhood crush was actress Tuesday Weld.
- The longest he has gone without an Academy Award nomination is 16 years, between Starman (1984) and The Contender (2000).
- Met his wife, Susan Bridges, while filming Rancho Deluxe (1975) – she was working as a maid on a dude ranch.
Personal Quotes by Jeff Bridges
Imperfection and perfection go so hand in hand, and our dark and our light are so intertwined, that by trying to push the darkness or the so-called negative aspects of our life to the side… we are preventing ourselves from the fullness of life.- Jeff Bridges
My father Lloyd Bridges worked on a TV show called ‘Sea Hunt.’ He impressed upon me as a child the importance of taking care of the ocean and working together to do our part to reduce human pollution.- Jeff Bridges
Eating ice cream and not exercising is great. The downside is your health isn’t so good.- Jeff Bridges
I am a product of nepotism. I don’t think I would have had the profession that I’m in currently… if it wasn’t for my dad.- Jeff Bridges
The more space and emptiness you can create in yourself, then you can let the rest of the world come in and fill you up.- Jeff Bridges