Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Check it out!
Jeffrey Dean Morgan endeared himself to audiences with his recurring role on ABC’s smash hit series, Grey’s Anatomy (2005). His dramatic arc as heart patient “Denny Duquette”, who wins the heart of intern “Izzie Stevens” (Katherine Heigl) in a star-crossed romance, made him a universal fan favorite. He also had recurring roles on The CW and Warner Bros’ television series, Supernatural (2005), The Good Wife (2009), and on Showtime and Lions Gate Television’s award-winning comedy series, Weeds (2005). He currently stars as Negan on the hit AMC series, The Walking Dead (2010).
Interesting Facts about Jeffrey Dean Morgan
- Under skills, his résumé lists basketball, baseball, and many other sports; Mountain & Water Athletics; Cooking; and Construction. Under dialects, it lists New York, Italian, and various regional dialects.
- He played the father of 2 unrelated superheroes. He played Thomas Wayne, father of Bruce Wayne, aka Batman, in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), and he played The Comedian, father of Laurie Jupiter, aka The Silk Spector, in Watchmen (2009).
- Was in a relationship with his Weeds (2005) co-star Mary-Louise Parker from August 2006 – April 2009.
- Started a graphic art company in Seattle before moving to Los Angeles and becoming an actor.
- Stated that many people who recognize him mistake him for Javier Bardem.
- Did a painting and donated it to the Race for the Rescues’ Walk of Paws celebrity art auction on October 29, 2006. The money raised at the event went to help shelter dogs and cats in and around Pasadena, California.
- His mother, Sandy, is a big fan of Grey’s Anatomy (2005).
- He and his Watchmen (2009) co-star Billy Crudup both have been in a relationship with Mary-Louise Parker. Crudup lived with her from 1996-2003 and they have a son together. Morgan started dating Parker in 2006, they became engaged in 2008, but eventually broke up.
- He had to lose 40 pounds in a short period of time to play a man with tuberculosis in Texas Rising (2015). He lost the weight by eating only a can of tuna per day.
- In his free time he enjoys spending time with his friends and laughing as much as possible, painting, writing, and reading.
- Even though he played Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki’s father on Supernatural (2005), Jeffrey is only twelve years older than Jensen.
- He has a dog named Bisou, which means “a little and sweet kiss” in French. Bisou is a female Rottweiler mix.
Personal Quotes by Jeffrey Dean Morgan
I know that my foot is firmly wedged in the door, and I’ll be damned if I pull it out, even for a second.- Jeffrey Dean Morgan
I can’t say enough about Ireland. I can’t. I’d move there.- Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Working exterior nights in Vancouver, when it’s raining and snowing, is a little daunting, when you haven’t slept.- Jeffrey Dean Morgan
I’ve become accustomed to playing the good guy – maybe a rough exterior, but a heart of gold in there somewhere.- Jeffrey Dean Morgan
I’m just looking always for characters that change, because I want to get better, as an actor and as a person.- Jeffrey Dean Morgan