Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jennifer Garner. Check it out!
Jennifer Garner, who catapulted into stardom with her lead role on the television series Alias (2001), has come a long way from her birthplace of Houston, Texas. Raised in Charleston, West Virginia by her mother Patricia Ann (née English), a retired English teacher, and her father, William John Garner, a former chemical engineer, she is the second of their three daughters. She spent nine years of her adolescence studying ballet, and characterizes her years in dance as consisting of determination rather than talent, being driven mostly by a love of the stage.
Interesting Facts about Jennifer Garner
- She was going to attend Yale University to study drama but got an acting job in New York City instead.
- Ranked #3 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2005 list.
- Father is a chemical engineer, mother is an English teacher.
- Ranked #20 on Wizard magazine’s “Sexiest Women of Television” (for her role as Sydney Bristow on Alias (2001)). [March 2008]
- Is one of four actresses to play Clara Allen in the “Lonesome Dove” series. The role was first played by Anjelica Huston in Lonesome Dove (1989), and then Barbara Hershey in Return to Lonesome Dove (1993). Garner plays the younger, unmarried Clara Forsythe in Dead Man’s Walk (1996). Linda Cardellini takes over the role in Comanche Moon (2008). Of the four actresses, she is the only one who, like her character, is from Texas.
- Has appeared with husband Ben Affleck in two movies: Pearl Harbor (2001) and Daredevil (2003). This would have been the third, but Affleck’s small scene in Elektra (2005) was deleted from the final film.
- Alias (2001) castmate Victor Garber took an Internet guide to officiating at weddings to marry Jennifer and Ben Affleck. Besides Garner and Affleck, Garber was the only other person at the wedding.
- Was 3 months pregnant with her son Samuel when she completed filming on The Odd Life of Timothy Green (2012).
- Is a member of Pi Beta Phi national sorority, Ohio Eta Chapter.
- She and Ben Affleck announced their separation on June 30, 2015–exactly 10 years and one day after their wedding occurred. On March 8, 2017, it was reported that they called off the divorce, but they filed for divorce again the next month.
- She was set to star with Adam Sandler in Reign Over Me (2007), playing the role Liv Tyler did, but she dropped out several weeks before filming began.
- In 2009, Jennifer used the same church twice in two different movies that her character was married in, The Invention of Lying (2009) and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009). The Martha-Mary Chapel was built by Henry Ford in Sudbury, Massachusetts and is dedicated to Henry and Clara Ford’s mothers, Martha Bryant and Mary Litogot Ford.
Personal Quotes by Jennifer Garner
I don’t have this fantasy about marriage anymore. Everyone says it takes hard work. Well, it kind of does – and I’m much more pragmatic about romance than I used to be.– Jennifer Garner
I mean, any time an actress gets to work with another actress, it’s like, ‘Oh, there are two of us in a movie! How are you? Let’s sit in the hair chair together!’ We’re lonely women.– Jennifer Garner
I’ve had more acne as an adult than I had as a teenager. After weaning babies, my skin’s gone totally bonkers. I didn’t even know about dermatologists until I had weaned my first baby, and my skin was so damaged. It was just beyond. And then, I realized, there’s a whole doctor who can help you with this.– Jennifer Garner
I miss West Virginia very much.– Jennifer Garner
You stick to the script, the script is Bible.– Jennifer Garner