Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jennifer Lawrence. Check it out!
Was the highest-paid actress in the world in 2015 and 2016. With her films grossing over $5.5 billion worldwide, Jennifer Lawrence is often cited as the most successful actor of her generation. She is also thus far the only person born in the 1990s to have won an acting Oscar.
Interesting Facts about Jennifer Lawrence
- Paternal granddaughter of David Vernon Lawrence (b. Kentucky) (son of Francis Marion “Frank” Lawrence and wife Bessie Steger, paternal grandson of James Ogden Lawrence and wife Penelope Nellie Burroughs and maternal grandson of Samuel Jefferson Steger and wife Ida Louisa O’Banion) and wife Doris Shrader (b. Kentucky) (daughter of William Martin Shrader and wife Reva Mae Adams, paternal granddaughter of John William Shrader and wife Permelia Alice “Allie” Martin and maternal granddaughter of John Thadius Adams and wife Lena Rivers Tague). Her patrilineal line can be traced back to Robert Lawrence, who was born, c. 1589, in Chelsea, Middlesex, England, and who died, c. 1682, in Nansemond, Virginia.
- Her mother Karen once stole her Oscar ballot and tried to vote. Lawrence was aghast to learn that her mother filled out the official ballot and mailed it in – only to find it returned to their home because it was mailed to the wrong address. She and mom did not agree on her picks.
- Is a natural blonde. She dyed her hair brown for her role in The Hunger Games (2012).
- Was among the people affected by the hack of private pictures of various celebrities, mostly women, and with many containing nudity, which were posted on the website 4chan and where later distributed by other Internet networks. The event was nicknamed “The Fappening” by the media. The hack started whole new discussions about privacy in the Internet age as well as people unfairly and unnecessarily criticizing the victims for taking the pictures in the first place and putting them on their computer devices. In an interview with Vogue magazine in 2014, Lawrence commented on the hacks for the first time: “It is not a scandal. It is a sex crime […] It is a sexual violation. It’s disgusting. The law needs to be changed, and we need to change.”.
- Is a huge fan of Marion Cotillard.
- Is the third youngest Oscar nominee for best actress in a leading role, at age 20 years, 163 days. Only Quvenzhané Wallis in Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012), at age 9 years, 135 days, and Keisha Castle-Hughes for Whale Rider (2002), at age 13 years, 309 days, were younger, at the date of nominations announcement.
- Daughter of Gary Lawrence (b. Kentucky, 1956), construction worker, and wife (m. August 3, 1979) Karen Koch (b. Kentucky, 1956), summer camp manager, both raised in Kentucky, and younger sister of Benjamin “Ben” and Blaine. Has English, German, Irish, Scottish, Scots-Irish (Northern Irish), distant Welsh and remote French and Swiss-German descent.
- She is the first, and thus far only, person born in the 1990s to have received an acting Oscar (Best Actress for Silver Linings Playbook (2012)).
- For her role as Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games (2012), she worked out twice a day and practiced archery.
- (November 30, 2012) Named “Entertainer of the Year”, along with Ben Affleck, by Entertainment Weekly.
- As of 2018, has appeared in three Best Picture Oscar nominated films: Winter’s Bone (2010), Silver Linings Playbook (2012) and American Hustle (2013), and given an Oscar nominated performance in each. She won Best Actress for her performance in Silver Linings Playbook.
- Shared the cover of Vanity Fair magazine’s 2016 Hollywood issue with, Jane Fonda, Viola Davis, Cate Blanchett, Charlotte Rampling, Rachel Weisz, Lupita Nyong’o, Brie Larson, Alicia Vikander, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Helen Mirren, Diane Keaton and Saoirse Ronan. Photographed by Annie Leibovitz.
Personal Quotes by Jennifer Lawrence
My cousin cleaned out a shotgun for me and let me carry it around the house, because he said, ‘Anybody who knows anything about guns is going to know in a second if someone has held a gun before.’ I didn’t want to be that person. I wanted to be practiced.- Jennifer Lawrence
Did I feel naked being naked? Yeah. Totally.- Jennifer Lawrence
I had to learn how to chop wood actually – I don’t think my dad would have let me go chop wood in the backyard growing up.- Jennifer Lawrence
I never think it’s right to chew gum in front of other people, but a lot of times I’ll come in for a meeting chewing gum and I’ll forget I’m chewing it. Then you don’t want to swallow it because it stays in your system for seven years or something, so I’ve asked to throw it away. I’ve started to wonder if that’s why I didn’t get certain movies.- Jennifer Lawrence
For ‘X-Men’ I was lifting a lot of weights. I actually lost a lot of mass when I quit ‘X-Men’ because I was working out so much and very muscular and strong.- Jennifer Lawrence