Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jensen Ackles. Check it out!
Jensen Ross Ackles, better known as simply Jensen Ackles, was born on March 1, 1978, in Dallas, Texas, to Donna Joan (Shaffer) and actor Alan Ackles. He has English, German, and Scottish ancestry. Jensen grew up in Richardson, Texas, together with his older brother, Joshua, and a younger sister, Mackenzie. Jensen graduated from Dartmouth Elementary School in 1990, he graduated from Apollo Junior High School in 1993, and LV Berkner High School in 1996.
Interesting Facts about Jensen Ackles
- Has one brother, Joshua, approximately three years older, and one sister, Mackenzie, approximately seven years younger.
- Was offered a role as Eliza Dushku’s love interest on Tru Calling (2003) but chose to take a role on Smallville (2001) instead. Eric Christian Olsen was eventually given the role and the character’s name was changed to Jensen.
- Planned to study sports medicine at Texas Tech University and become a physical therapist, before he decided to move to L.A. to give acting a try.
- He is a keen photographer and is always taking photos on the set of Supernatural (2005).
- He has English, German, and smaller amounts of Scottish and Irish, ancestry. Many of his ethnic German ancestors lived in Russia.
- Has sung lead vocals on two songs on the albums “Sharing the Covers” and “Christmas With Friends”.
- Has worked with his girlfriend, later wife, Danneel Ackles twice: in Ten Inch Hero (2007) and in Supernatural (2005).
- 1993 graduate of Apollo Junior High School in Richardson, TX.
- Enjoys horseback riding.
- Graduated from L.V. Berkner High School, Richardson, TX, in 1996.
- Was a child model at age four, then quit, and started again at age ten.
- Ranked #39 on Empire Online list of the “100 Sexiest Movie Stars” in 2013.
Personal Quotes by Jensen Ackles
Some people will go to the opening of an envelope. They live their lives in the public eye and get off on it, they need it. They need that kind of adoration. If their name isn’t in the tabloids once a week they feel like a failure.– Jensen Ackles
I was in preschool and a girl actually kissed me on the cheek. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know what it meant, so I instantly grabbed her face and kissed her on the lips. And, then I got suspended.– Jensen Ackles
I love the smell of shampoo on a girl’s hair. You can walk past someone and be like, ‘Wow, you took a shower this morning, didn’t you? Because you smell lovely.’– Jensen Ackles
I’m into a casual-dressing girl: blue jeans and a tank top is super sexy.– Jensen Ackles
I see all the red carpet paparazzi stuff and I’m like, ‘Really? Do I have to?!’ I like to work and I know that’s part of the job. But you kind of take it in stride.– Jensen Ackles