Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jeri Ryan. Check it out!
Jeri Ryan was born Jeri Lynn Zimmerman on February 22, 1968 in Munich, West Germany, to Gerhard Florian Zimmerman, a Master Sergeant in the United States Army, and his wife Sharon, a social worker. She and her older brother Mark grew up on several military bases, including Kansas, Maryland, Hawaii, Georgia and Texas. Finally, at age 11, her father retired from the Army and her family settled down in Paducah, Kentucky. After graduating from Lone Oak High School in 1986, she attended Northwestern University Chicago as a National Merit Scholar. While studying there, she won a number of beauty contests (a.o.- sixth annual Miss Northwestern Alpha Delta Phi Pageant in 1989).
Interesting Facts about Jeri Ryan
- Has appeared in underwear along with Yasmine Bleeth, Alyssa Milano, Melissa Joan Hart, Garcelle Beauvais, Carmen Electra, Peta Wilson and Jamie Luner on the cover and inside the October 1997 issue of Details magazine.
- Graduated from Northwestern University, in Evanston, Illinois, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Theatre in 1990. Was a member of the Beta Chapter of Alpha Phi Sorority.
- Her favorite tearjerker movie is E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982). Has watched the movie several times and cried every time.
- Gave birth to her first child at age 26, a son Alex Ryan on August 15, 1994. Child’s father is her ex-husband, John Clemens “Jack” Ryan.
- Has appeared in a photo shoot for a magazine opposite Lucy Lawless, both in costume as Seven of Nine and Xena. Ryan’s series Star Trek: Voyager (1995) and Lucy’s series Xena: Warrior Princess (1995) both began in 1995 and ended in 2001.
- She was in the running for the role of Mystique (Raven Darkholme) in the sci-fi action film X-Men (2000), which went to Rebecca Romijn.
- Restaurant scenes in Boston Legal: Spring Fever (2006) were filmed in Ryan’s restaurant Ortolan in Los Angeles, California.
- Daughter of Gerhard Florian “Jeri” and Sharon Zimmerman. She has an older brother: Mark Zimmerman. Named after her father, a Master Sergeant in the United States Army.
- Her ex-husband, Jack Ryan, was running for Senator in Illinois, but dropped out of the race when allegations in their divorce proceedings were made public (2004).
- Turned down a cameo in Star Trek: Nemesis (2002) because of her busy schedule on Boston Public (2000). The cameo was subsequently given to her Star Trek: Voyager (1995) castmate Kate Mulgrew.
- Ranked #65 on Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women in the World” list in 2002.
- Her husband, Christophe Eme, is a French chef who owns the restaurant Ortolan. Ortolan is located on Third Street in Los Angeles, California. The restaurant serves French food with a modern interpretation.
Personal Quotes by Jeri Ryan
It might be arrogant to think that we’re the only living creations in all of the solar systems that there are. Space is so vast.- Jeri Ryan
I’m not so widely known that I’m going to be pigeonholed.- Jeri Ryan
I was raised all over. Kansas, Hawaii, Georgia, Texas and Kentucky, by the time I was 11.- Jeri Ryan
This was truly guerilla filmmaking. We shot out in the middle of nowhere in a place called Delta Flats, where basically every day was some new minor catastrophe.- Jeri Ryan