Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jesse Eisenberg. Check it out!
Curly haired and with a fast-talking voice, Jesse Eisenberg is a movie actor, known for his Academy Award nominated role as Mark Zuckerberg in the 2010 film The Social Network. He has also starred in the films The Squid and the Whale, Adventureland, The Education of Charlie Banks, 30 Minutes or Less, Now You See Me and Zombieland. Additionally, he played Lex Luthor in the 2016 film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Interesting Facts about Jesse Eisenberg
- Older brother of Hallie Eisenberg.
- Is one of five people born in the 1980s to have been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor. The other three are Ryan Gosling (two nominations) (born in 1980), the first to be nominated, as well as Eddie Redmayne (one win, one nomination) (born in 1982), Andrew Garfield (one nomination) (born in 1983), and Daniel Kaluuya (one nomination) (born in 1989).
- Wrote a book of short stories titled “Bream Gives Me Hiccups & Other Stories”, and cited the work of Simon Rich (a good friend of his) and B.J. Novak (whose best-selling short story collection was “One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories” as creative inspirations.
- Very good friends with Andrew Garfield.
- He is first cousin with Jamey Eisenberg, famous Fantasy Sports Writer.
- Received his very first kiss from Jennifer Beals in Roger Dodger (2002).
- Working on Free Samples (2012) with Jess Weixler and Madison Leisle [January 2011]
- His character in Zombieland (2009), at one point, expresses relief at not having to update his status on Facebook. Jesse did not know what a Facebook status was until a crew member explained it. The following year, Jesse played Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg.
- Played brother to real-life sister Hallie Eisenberg in Holy Rollers (2010).
- Has been playing the drums since he was age 8.
- Studied at The New School in New York City’s Greenwich Village. He applied and was accepted to New York University but declined enrollment to complete a film role.
- Has a role in Cursed (2005) alongside Michael Rosenbaum who portrayed Lex Luthor in Smallville (2001).
Personal Quotes by Jesse Eisenberg
I grew up in a secular suburban Jewish household where we only observed the religion on very specific times like a funeral or a Bar Mitzvah.- Jesse Eisenberg
I get very homesick, but otherwise it’s a great privilege to get to travel for work.- Jesse Eisenberg
I tend to be pessimistic about everything: If things seem to be going good, I’m worried that it’s going to end; if things are bad, then I’m worried that it’s going to be permanent. It’s not a very comfortable attitude to have all the time.- Jesse Eisenberg
Mother Teresa was asked what was the meaning of life, and she said to help other people, and I thought, ‘What a strange thing to say’ – but maybe it’s the right thing to say.- Jesse Eisenberg
I think it’s my nature to – every time I hear about an award or a nomination, it makes me realize how much I must’ve been losing before, because I was not aware that every major city had these critics’ awards.- Jesse Eisenberg