Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jessica Chastain. Check it out!
Jessica Michelle Chastain was born in Sacramento, California, and was raised in a middle-class household in a Northern California suburb. Her mother, Jerri Chastain, is a vegan chef whose family is originally from Kansas, and her stepfather is a fireman. She discovered dance at the age of nine and was in a dance troupe by age thirteen. She began performing in Shakespearean productions all over the Bay area.
Interesting Facts about Jessica Chastain
- Was ranked #86 on Ask Men’s list of Top 99 Women of 2012.
- She’s a fan of Breaking Bad (2008).
- She was noticed at Juilliard by actress Marthe Keller, who recommended her to Al Pacino. He then cast her in the lead role of Salome in his play, “Salome”, and his long-awaited epic movie of the same name, Salome (2013).
- Holds the distinction of twice appearing in the top two films at the American box office in one weekend. This occurred on the weekend of 18-21 January 2013, when Zero Dark Thirty (2012) dropped to the number two position as her other film, Mama (2013), ascended to the top spot. This made Chastain the first woman in nearly 50 years to have the leading role in the top two films at the box office. This also occurred on the weekend of 2-4 September 2011, when The Help (2011) was the number one film in America, and another film starring Chastain, The Debt (2010), took the number two position, though her roles in these two films were supporting ones.
- Refuses to discuss her true age with the public. She considers acknowledging her true age as limiting her choices and offers of acting roles.
- For A Most Violent Year (2014), she thought that her character, Anna Morales, would only wear Armani and wrote to the fashion house to request that they lend their costumes to the film. They obliged, therefore every outfit that her character wears is vintage Armani from 1981.
- One of 176 people invited to join AMPAS in 2012.
- The Sopranos (1999) is her favorite television show.
- Changed her published birthdate from March 24, 1977 to March 24, 1981 in order to conceal her actual age. The media found out she was lying in 2012.
- Was named on the list of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world for 2012.
- Natural daughter of Edward Michael Monasterio by Jerri Renee Chastain.
- As of 2016, has appeared in four films that were nominated for the Best Picture Oscar: The Tree of Life (2011), The Help (2011), Zero Dark Thirty (2012) and The Martian (2015).
Personal Quotes by Jessica Chastain
When something happens, I always check myself and know it’s going to go away. So be prepared for it. This is a tough business for actors who are sensitive. If you try to hold on to things, you’ll go crazy.- Jessica Chastain
There I was at ‘The Tree of Life’ premiere, holding hands with Sean Penn and Brad Pitt. That walk down the red carpet was a real rite of passage for me. Suddenly, journalists began asking, ‘Who’s this actress?’- Jessica Chastain
The reason we like acting is connecting to other people.- Jessica Chastain
I was excited that my films would finally see the light of day and people would see them. But I never imagined that such nice things would be said about a lot of my films.- Jessica Chastain
I have problems because I’m very expressive, and usually red lipstick gets on my teeth and face.- Jessica Chastain