Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jim Parsons. Check it out!
Having grown up in Houston, and its northern suburb of Spring, he made his first stage appearance in a school play at the age of 6. Parsons then went on to study theater at the University of Houston. From there he won a place on a two-year Masters course in classical theater at the University of San Diego/The Old Globe Theater, graduating in 2001.
Interesting Facts about Jim Parsons
- Was a member of Infernal Bridegroom Productions, a Houston-based theater company.
- When Parsons married Todd Spiewak in May 2017, they had been romantic partners for 14 years.
- Owns a production company, That’s Wonderful Productions, with his partner, Todd Spiewak.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6533 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on March 11, 2015.
- Said in 2016 that he would love to play The Joker in a future “Batman” film.
- His favorite series are The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970), Three’s Company (1976), Family Ties (1982) and The Cosby Show (1984).
- He enjoys watching Lost (2004), American Idol: The Search for a Superstar (2002) and Grey’s Anatomy (2005).
- Standing 6′ 1″, is by far the tallest principal cast member on The Big Bang Theory (2007). None of the other regular cast are taller than 5′ 7″.
- Good friends with The Big Bang Theory (2007) co-stars Simon Helberg and Kaley Cuoco.
- Has English, French, German and Scottish ancestry.
- Is prone to motion sickness. Riding in a car will make him nauseated so he prefers to drive.
- Attended and graduated from Klein Oak High School in Spring, Texas in 1991.
Personal Quotes by Jim Parsons
I’ve always loved TV very much, and as a child I was so religious with it, but now it’s more when it fits in.- Jim Parsons
I was very fascinated with meteorology at a young age. I lived on the Gulf Coast and hurricanes blew through there. That is the class I failed in college: meteorology.- Jim Parsons
Well, I’m a big believer in ‘never say never.’- Jim Parsons
I had a very strong interest in music, specifically the piano from a very small age.- Jim Parsons
Theatre was my first love. I can’t take the theatre out of me. And I wouldn’t want to. To me, it’s home.- Jim Parsons