Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about JoAnna Garcia Swisher. Check it out!
JoAnna Garcia Swisher was born in Tampa, Florida. She began performing at the age of ten, when she auditioned for a local theater production and landed the lead. She continued to act in high school where she was discovered by Nickelodeon and commuted from Florida to Montreal, Quebec, Canada, to star for two seasons in the television series, Are You Afraid of the Dark? (1990). After graduating from high school, she spent a year attending Florida State University, but dropped out to move to Hollywood where she worked extensively in television and then in popular movies.
Interesting Facts about JoAnna Garcia Swisher
- (December 11, 2010) Married her boyfriend of 16 months Nick Swisher following a 6-month-long engagement.
- Was homecoming queen at Florida’s Tampa Catholic High School.
- Is of Cuban descent.
- Dad Jay is a gynecologist, mom Loraine is a homemaker and brother Michael is a medical school student.
- In her spare time, she teaches junior high school students English as a second language.
- Her Reba (2001) co-stars, Reba McEntire and Melissa Peterman, were both bridesmaids at her wedding.
- Her Reba (2001) co-star, Christopher Rich, performed the ceremony at her wedding to New York Yankees outfielder Nick Swisher.
- Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 36, a daughter named Sailor Stevie Swisher on June 28, 2016. Child’s father is her husband, Nick Swisher.
- She has portrayed wives of two different Mercury astronauts: Julie Shepherd in From the Earth to the Moon (1998) and Betty Grissom in The Astronaut Wives Club (2015).
- Was engaged to Trace Ayala [June 18, 2008 – August 2009].
- Attended Independent Day School in Tampa, a local private school.
- Played the President’s daughter in the original pilot for the TV show DAG (2000). However, the show was revamped before airing and her character was eliminated.