Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Joe Alwyn. Check it out!
Joe Alwyn was born on February 21, 1991 in London, England. He is an actor, known for The Favourite (2018), Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk (2016) and Mary Queen of Scots (2018).
Interesting Facts about Joe Alwyn
- Auditioned for the role of Sam in Love Actually (2003), but lost out to Thomas Brodie-Sangster. It took him another 13 years to land his first role in a movie.
- Son of Elizabeth, an author, columnist, and psychoanalytic psychotherapist, and Richard Alwyn, a documentary filmmaker.
- His great-uncle (maternal grandmother’s brother) is Bruce Kent, a political activist and former Roman Catholic priest, who was active in the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament.
- Grandson of director and producer Jonathan Alwyn. Great-grandson of composer, conductor, and music teacher William Alwyn, who was born William Alwyn Smith.
- His American accent in Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk (2016) was so convincing that his co-star Steve Martin had no idea he was from England until a few weeks into production.
Personal Quotes by Joe Alwyn
At the end of the day, you’re trying to – be it on theatre or on the camera – tell the truth and be honest in the moment.- Joe Alwyn
I wasn’t one of those kids who get up on the table and dance at a young age, but I always wanted to be an actor.- Joe Alwyn
Talking to people who have served was eye-opening and left me with a huge amount of respect for what they do.- Joe Alwyn
When your dad comes back from a faraway land with bows and arrows and spears wrapped up in a carpet… that’s cool.- Joe Alwyn
I think we stick with what we know.- Joe Alwyn