Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Joel McHale. Check it out!
Joel Edward McHale was born in Rome, Italy, to a Canadian-born mother, Laurie (Jackson), and an American-born father, Jack McHale. His father, from Chicago, is of Irish descent, and his mother, from Vancouver, has Norwegian, Finnish, and English ancestry. Joel was raised in Seattle, Washington, and graduated from Mercer Island High School. He was a history major at the University of Washington, where he was a member of the championship football team. In addition, Joel received his master’s of fine arts from UW’s Actor’s Training Program.
Interesting Facts about Joel McHale
- Die-hard Seattle Seahawks fan.
- His father’s profession moved the family around several times. Joel was born in Rome before his family moved to Washington State, then they lived in Haddonfield, New Jersey for 2 years before moving back to a Seattle suburb.
- His son, Eddie, underwent open heart surgery when 2 months old. He made a full recovery.
- Frequently mistaken as Ryan Seacrest.
- Is known for his appearance in Burger King commercials as an office jerk.
- His wife gave birth to their second child, Isaac McHale, on March 12, 2008.
- His father is of Irish descent. His maternal grandfather was of half Norwegian and half Finnish ancestry, and his maternal grandmother was of English and Norwegian descent.
- Is virtually a dead ringer for Christopher Titus.
- His wife gave birth to their first son, Edward Roy McHale, in 2005. They call him Eddie.
- Went to the University of Washington as an undergrad from 1991-1995. Got his bachelor’s degree in history and was a tight end for the Husky football team.
- Joel is a member of Theta Chi Fraternity from the Alpha Rho chapter at the University of Washington.
- Was a history major and went on to complete the master’s program in acting at the University of Washington.
Personal Quotes by Joel McHale
Yes, I would say my comedy is grunge, evidenced by the fact my jokes have put an end to big-hair glam comedy.Joel McHale
It’s important to have the right agent – people that are working hard for you. But an actor needs to be in control of their career no matter how good the representation is.Joel McHale
Joel McHale is so money, he should be printed on money.Joel McHale
There are always ridiculous things on television or on the Internet that make people go, ‘Did you see that?’ That could be anything from a clip from the ‘Real Housewives’ to someone jumping off their roof and missing the pool to a zillion other things.Joel McHale
Once you’ve been booked, people in Hollywood say, ‘Oh he must be good.’ All the while you’re the same actor.Joel McHale