Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Joey Lawrence. Check it out!
Joey Lawrence was born on April 20, 1976 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA as Joseph Lawrence Mignogna Jr. He is known for his work on Blossom (1990), Oliver & Company (1988) and Brotherly Love (1995). He has been married to Chandie Yawn-Nelson since July 3, 2005. They have two children. He was previously married to Michelle Vella.
Interesting Facts about Joey Lawrence
- Met wife Chandie Yawn-Nelson while on vacation in Disney World in Orlando, Fl, when the two were teenagers. Thirteen years later they were married there.
- Ranked #25 in TV Guide’s list of “TV’s 25 Greatest Teen Idols” (23 January 2005 issue).
- Ranked #21 in VH1’s list of the “100 Greatest Kid Stars”
- Named one of “People” magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in the World. [May 1994]
- Is of Italian and British descent.
- Attended the University of Southern California.
- In 1994 graduated from Abington Friends School.
- Filed for divorce from his wife, Michelle Vella, of two years. [November 2004]
- Daughter, Liberty Grace Lawrence (born March 4, 2010), weighing 6 lbs., 8 oz.
- Shares a birthday with his Gimme a Break! (1981) co-star Lara Jill Miller.
- Older brother of Matthew Lawrence and Andrew Lawrence.
- He was set to film the movie “Refugees From Love” in January 1998 in Los Angeles, California, directed by Ric Gibbs with co-stars Jacqueline Bisset and Saul Rubinek, but the film was never completed.
Personal Quotes by Joey Lawrence
I’m really into basketball, baseball, football and working out – but you’ll never catch me in a public sauna.– Joey Lawrence
I’ve known I wanted to do this ever since I was four years old and watched ‘Star Search’ for the first time. I mean, Harrison Ford in ‘Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark?’ My hero.– Joey Lawrence
A career is a journey. I’ve been fortunate enough to work and be very successful over three decades, but I haven’t achieved nearly what I want to achieve yet.– Joey Lawrence
Nobody’s perfect, but I hold myself accountable. I think about the choices I make because they not only affect me, they affect all of my fans and my family.– Joey Lawrence