Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about John Legend. Check it out!
John Legend was born on December 28, 1978 in Springfield, Ohio, USA as John Roger Stephens. He has been married to Chrissy Teigen since September 14, 2013. They have two children.
Interesting Facts about John Legend
- Engaged to Chrissy Teigen [December 27, 2011].
- Was the music and choir director at Bethel A.M.E. Church in Scranton, Pennsylvania for nine years.
- He and wife Chrissy Teigen announced her third pregnancy in August 2020 by revealing her baby bump in his music video for the song ‘Wild’ but unfortunately suffered a miscarriage in September 30th 2020. The couple had named the child Jack.
- Merited a place in TIME magazine’s “The 100 Most Influential People” issue with an homage written by Harry Belafonte. [May 2017]
- Lauryn Hill’s “Everything is Everything” (from her Grammy-winning debut solo album “The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill”) is the first major record on which he played.
- (September 14, 2013) Married his girlfriend of 6 years Chrissy Teigen following a 20-month-long engagement.
- Has 2 children: daughter, Luna Stephens (b. April 14, 2016) & son, Miles Theodore Stephens (b. May 16, 2018) with wife, Chrissy Teigen.
- In 2014 received an honorary Doctorate in Music from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Met Kanye West through his college roommate–who happened to be Kanye’s cousin.
- Has either co-written, played on, or sang on various artists’ hits, including, but not limited to, Twista, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys, Lauryn Hill, Janet Jackson, Slum Village, Dilated Peoples, The Black Eyed Peas and Kanye West.
- Is the first artist on Kanye West’s Getting Out Our Dreams (G.O.O.D.) label (distributed by Sony Records).
- Is a huge Ohio State football fan, and says he watches 90% of the Buckeyes’ games on TV.
Personal Quotes by John Legend
I know how it feels to be a singer who wants to get discovered.- John Legend
When I write, I don’t really focus on duets or anything like that or whether I’m going to feature this or that rapper. I just focus on just making a great song and figure out the rest later.- John Legend
I was homeschooled for several years.- John Legend
Shoes are important, of course. I love my Lanvin sneakers – they go with a lot of things. And then I think a nice bag is great, so you carry your computer or whatever else in style. I’ve been carrying a Tom Ford backpack lately.- John Legend
When we see people that are impoverished and people who are dealt an unfair hand, then if we have the power to help them, we should try to do that.- John Legend