Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about John Michael Higgins. Check it out!
John Michael Higgins was born on February 12, 1963 in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. He is an actor, known for A Mighty Wind (2003), Pitch Perfect (2012) and Best in Show (2000). He has been married to Margaret Welsh since February 1, 2003. They have two children.
Interesting Facts about John Michael Higgins
- Attended Amherst College with noted author David Foster Wallace.
- He has one son, Walter Lloyd Higgins, born August 29, 2006, to him and his wife Margaret Welsh.
- Did the vocal arrangement and sang back-up for Ed Helms’ “Take A Chance on Me” performance on NBC’s The Office (2005).
- Has performed with Vince Vaughn in several films including “Fred Claus”, “Couples Retreat”, and “The Break-Up”.
- Performed as an engineer in the pre-ride film clip at Disney’s EPCOT thrill ride “TestTrack”.
- Before John Michael Higgins was an acapella competition commentator in Pitch Perfect and Pitch Perfect 2, he was a member of the Tone Rangers, an acapella group in the movie The Break Up (with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn).
- He is a lifelong Democrat.
- Did all the vocal arrangements for The New Main Street Singers in the movie A Mighty Wind (2003).
- He has a daughter, Maisie Higgins, born August 3, 2003 with Margaret Welsh.
- Was praised for his performance as David Letterman in “The Late Shift,” although Letterman himself mocked the bright red hair that Higgins sported in the role.
- He was awarded the 1996 Drama Logue Award for Outstanding Performance for “Changes of Heart” at the Mark Taper Forum Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
- Graduate of Amherst College, Class of 1985. Amherst classmate of 4-time MPSE Golden Reel Award nominee Scott G.G. Haller.
Personal Quotes by John Michael Higgins
My parents were not at all backstage parents. We had none of that in the family. It was just very clear right away that I was an actor, even from 4 years old. I’ve never waited a table. I taught some – I’ll teach classes in improv or Shakespeare, but there’s some motor in me that needs to do that.- John Michael Higgins
I’m a Navy brat. You find that a lot of stage actors are Army or Navy brats, because they have the ability to make a big impression, make friends, and then leave just a few months later.- John Michael Higgins
That’s how I relax. I love singing with my castmates.- John Michael Higgins
I’m not a huge fan of improv theater or improv sports or whatever, because it still just looks like a tool. It looks like a technique to me.- John Michael Higgins
I was a stage actor for 20 years or so; I was leading men in classical things. ‘Shakespeare,’ you know. And now, I never play leading men. I’m that kamikaze comic that comes from the left, turns the table over, and leaves, or the hyper-intelligent yuppie scumbag if it’s a drama.- John Michael Higgins